Welcome to the Cloudera Community

Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Who agreed with this topic

Error when executing the command : docker run

Contributor

Hello All - 

Today I have successfully installed Docker on my laptop and then I've executed the command and PULL was also successful. 

$ docker pull cloudera/quickstart:latest

$ docker images
REPOSITORY TAG IMAGE ID CREATED
VIRTUAL SIZE
cloudera/quickstart latest 7e0ff6dfbec6 2 weeks ago
6.213 GB

But when I executed the docker run command recieved the error 

$ docker run --hostname=quickstart.cloudera --privileged=true -t -i cloudera/quickstart /usr/bin/docker-quickstart
exec: "C:/Program Files/Git/usr/bin/docker-quickstart": stat C:/Program Files/Gi
t/usr/bin/docker-quickstart: no such file or directory
Error response from daemon: Cannot start container 2cd2aa170885fe4ff33c34fac3ea3
17a3b3151cc7140575f92a218d657ad8a6d: [8] System error: exec: "C:/Program Files/G
it/usr/bin/docker-quickstart": stat C:/Program Files/Git/usr/bin/docker-quicksta
rt: no such file or directory

However, the following commands are successfully returning the results. 

$ docker run cloudera/quickstart which hadoop
/usr/bin/hadoop

$ docker run cloudera/quickstart hadoop version
Hadoop 2.6.0-cdh5.5.0
Subversion http://github.com/cloudera/hadoop -r fd21232cef7b8c1f536965897ce20f50
b83ee7b2
Compiled by jenkins on 2015-11-09T20:37Z
Compiled with protoc 2.5.0
From source with checksum 98e07176d1787150a6a9c087627562c
This command was run using /usr/jars/hadoop-common-2.6.0-cdh5.5.0.jar

Any idea, why the docker run fails when I mention /usr/bin/docker-quickstart it tries to find in C:/Program Files/Git/usr/bin/docker-quickstart: no such file or directory

Surprisingly, when I execute the  following command on Virtual Box which was installed part of docker installation it went fine however "hue" was failed. 

docker run --hostname=quickstart.cloudera --privileged=true -t -i cloudera/quickstart /usr/bin/docker-quickstart

I saw similar post which had the same error but there was no resolution so I am creating a separate post. 

Thanks,

Gokul

Who agreed with this topic