Welcome to the Cloudera Community

Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Who agreed with this topic

Installation failed. Failed to receive heartbeat from agent | cluster setup

Explorer

Hi,

Sorry for posting a question which already many people have asked but I am still not able to get a hold on this so asking.
I am trying to setup a cluster using cloudera manager ui and running across the following errors :
Installation failed. Failed to receive heartbeat from agent.

• Ensure that the host's hostname is configured properly.
  • Ensure that port 7182 is accessible on the Cloudera Manager Server (check firewall rules).
  • Ensure that ports 9000 and 9001 are not in use on the host being added.
  • Check agent logs in /var/log/cloudera-scm-agent/ on the host being added. (Some of the logs can be found in the installation details).
  • If Use TLS Encryption for Agents is enabled in Cloudera Manager (Administration -> Settings -> Security), ensure that /etc/cloudera-scm-agent/config.ini has use_tls=1 on the host being added. Restart the corresponding agent and click the Retry link here.

My host names are configured properly, ports are also open and the last point doesnt hold as tls encryption is not enabled.

If anybody can help me debug the same.
It is also annoying to the fact that cloudera manager throws such a variety of errors, it should throw exact, precise error on which port is not open etc. Now I am left to play hide and seek with all the points as I have configured all correctly. Seriously cloudera people, you can't just throw the exact error than giving me a generic list?

Who agreed with this topic