Welcome to the Cloudera Community

Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Who agreed with this topic

Hue PySpark Notebook getting invalid syntax running example

New Contributor

I've just recently updated our dev instance of Cloudera from 5.4.x to 5.9.x, which has Hue 3.11.  During the upgrade, I enabled the Notebook feature in Hue and installed the .2 version of Livy on the same server that Hue is running on.  I attempted to run the Notebook example from 9/15 (http://gethue.com/bay-area-bike-share-data-analysis-with-spark-notebook-part-2/)  using the PySpark snippet.  Everything seems to run fine until I get to the line of %table avg_trips_sorted line, then I get a invalid syntax error.  I've gone through the Hue logs and I see this:

[19/Dec/2016 13:11:34 -0800] decorators   ERROR    Error running <function fetch_result_data at 0x7f854d935b90>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.9.0-1.cdh5.9.0.p0.23/lib/hue/desktop/libs/notebook/src/notebook/decorators.py", line 81, in decorator
    return func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.9.0-1.cdh5.9.0.p0.23/lib/hue/desktop/libs/notebook/src/notebook/api.py", line 218, in fetch_result_data
    response['result'] = get_api(request, snippet).fetch_result(notebook, snippet, rows, start_over)
  File "/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.9.0-1.cdh5.9.0.p0.23/lib/hue/desktop/libs/notebook/src/notebook/connectors/spark_shell.py", line 275, in fetch_result
    raise QueryError(msg)
QueryError

Any insight on what the error could be (maybe a package is out of date or something)?

Thanks,

Richard
Who agreed with this topic