source_board_162
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

How to post an article from an existing word document?

Solved Go to solution
Highlighted

How to post an article from an existing word document?

@Mark Herring - What is the best way to convert a previously written word document to a Community article? I tried one this morning and it took me hours and still not finished.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to post an article from an existing word document?

Mentor

@Shivaji I tried using dillinger.io and stackedit.io to paste my docs into and then use the generated markdown and paste into HCC.

7 REPLIES 7

@Shivaji

I have used copy and paste and it works.

I have used copy and paste from linkedin post too and I was able to create articles.

@Neeraj Sabharwal

- Try one which has Tables inside it and code comments and headers. It fails miserably. I have an 15-20 page one. Any thoughts

Mentor

@Shivaji I tried using dillinger.io and stackedit.io to paste my docs into and then use the generated markdown and paste into HCC.

I have not tried it on a complex document. But how about export from word as HTML and then use </> HTML encoding to put into AH. Works for simple docs.

+1 to @Artem Ervits using stackedit.io successfully

New Contributor

When I initially left a comment I appear to have clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now each time a comment is added I receive four emails with the exact same comment. There has to be an easy method you can remove me from that service? Kudos!

Community Manager

Zac, I updated your email notification settings and you should no longer get so many emails.