source_board_162
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

how to ensure formatting is not lost when i put in questions in this forum

Solved Go to solution

how to ensure formatting is not lost when i put in questions in this forum

Expert Contributor

Hello - when i put in questions on this forum, and save the question - the formatting (eg. newline etc) gets lost and all content appears as a single line which is not readable.

At times, i'm forced to re-format the text by introducing newline manually (which also doesnot not seem to work always)

How do i ensure the formatting is not lost - so the question & comments are visible as typed ?

Appreciate your help in this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: how to ensure formatting is not lost when i put in questions in this forum

Super Mentor

@Karan Alang

For writing code blocks you can use use the "Code" button mentioned in the editor section. That will maintain the code formatting.

test message.
new line 
	Tab

NOTE: If you will copy and paste some contents from somwehere else then you might find that the "New Line" character is lost. So there you will need to manually enter the new line.

2 REPLIES 2

Super Mentor

@Karan Alang

For writing code blocks you can use use the "Code" button mentioned in the editor section. That will maintain the code formatting.

test message.
new line 
	Tab

NOTE: If you will copy and paste some contents from somwehere else then you might find that the "New Line" character is lost. So there you will need to manually enter the new line.

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

@Jay SenSharma - the issue seems to primarily when i copy from text editor or log file & paste onto the forum..

The formatting (newline) is always lost.. i was looking for a solution to this.

Any ideas ?

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here