Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

After upgrading ambari from 2.4.2 to 2.5.0, Not able to Login into Ambari WebUI

I have upgrade Ambari from 2.4.2 to 2.5.0, After that I am not able to login into ambari getting following error in ambari-server.log file,

18 May 2017 07:56:33,975 ERROR [ambari-client-thread-26] ContainerResponse:419 - The RuntimeException could not be mapped to a response, re-throwing to the HTTP container

com.google.common.cache.CacheLoader$InvalidCacheLoadException: CacheLoader returned null for key 58.

at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.getAndRecordStats(LocalCache.java:2348)

at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.loadSync(LocalCache.java:2318)

at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.lockedGetOrLoad(LocalCache.java:2280)

at com.google.common.cache.LocalCache$Segment.get(LocalCache.java:2195)

at org.apache.ambari.server.security.AbstractSecurityHeaderFilter.doFilter(AbstractSecurityHeaderFilter.java:125)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1478)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserAgentFilter.java:82)

at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:231)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AsyncHttpConnection.handle(AsyncHttpConnection.java:82)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.handle(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:696)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint$1.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:53)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:608)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:543)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

18 May 2017 07:56:33,977 WARN [ambari-client-thread-26] ServletHandler:561 - Error Processing URI: /api/v1/users/admin - (com.google.common.cache.CacheLoader$InvalidCacheLoadException) CacheLoader returned null for key 58.

18 May 2017 07:56:33,977 WARN [ambari-client-thread-26] ServletHandler:561 - Error Processing URI: /api/v1/users/admin - (com.google.common.cache.CacheLoader$InvalidCacheLoadException) CacheLoader returned null for key 58.

screen-shot-2017-05-18-at-12654-pm.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@nshelke

Zeppelin View is removed from ambari 2.5 but looks like a reference stays there.

So please check if the "resource_id = 58" is pointing to Zeppelin View? You can do this by running the following query on ambari DB.

select * from adminresourcetype where resource_type_id IN (select resource_type_id from adminresource where resource_id = 58);

If that is the case then please Take Ambari DB Dump and then run the following commands to clean the Zeppelin View reference:

DELETE FROM adminprivilege where resource_id in (58);
DELETE FROM adminresource where resource_id in (58);

Then restart Ambari Server

# ambari-server stop
# ambari-server start

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Master Mentor

@nshelke

Do you also see a NullPointerException something like following in your ambari server log?

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.ambari.server.security.authorization.PermissionHelper.getPermissionLabels

Can you please share the complete stackTrace in that case?

@Jay SenSharma

Yes, I can see some Exceptions are like this,

18 May 2017 07:56:33,754 WARN [ambari-client-thread-26] PermissionHelper:78 - Error occurred when cluster or view is searched based on resource id

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.apache.ambari.server.security.authorization.PermissionHelper.getPermissionLabels(PermissionHelper.java:74)

I guess it is the same Exception you said.

Master Mentor

@nshelke

I corrected the respurce id as 58 in the command.

resource_id in(58);

Master Mentor

@nshelke

Zeppelin View is removed from ambari 2.5 but looks like a reference stays there.

So please check if the "resource_id = 58" is pointing to Zeppelin View? You can do this by running the following query on ambari DB.

select * from adminresourcetype where resource_type_id IN (select resource_type_id from adminresource where resource_id = 58);

If that is the case then please Take Ambari DB Dump and then run the following commands to clean the Zeppelin View reference:

DELETE FROM adminprivilege where resource_id in (58);
DELETE FROM adminresource where resource_id in (58);

Then restart Ambari Server

# ambari-server stop
# ambari-server start

@Jay SenSharma

I am using postgresql as embedded DB for ambari. Which database should I use for query. Is it ambari or postgres, please suggest.

Master Mentor

@nshelke

If you are using embedded postgres DB the you should try:

# psql -U ambari ambari
Password for user ambari:  bigdata

psql => command

-U ambari => is the username

ambari => is the DB name

It will ask for password, Where we can try using the ambari's default password as "bigdata"

If the password is changed then we can check the file.

# grep 'server.jdbc.user.passwd' /etc/ambari-server/conf/ambari.properties 
server.jdbc.user.passwd=/etc/ambari-server/conf/password.dat

# cat /etc/ambari-server/conf/password.dat
bigdata

Master Mentor

@nshelke

Were you able to run the select query to findout the problematic resource?

select*from adminresourcetype where resource_type_id IN (select resource_type_id from adminresource where resource_id =58);