Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

All Ambari tasks fail on Sandbox due to configuration parameter hbase-env not found.

Contributor

Attempting to restart services (such as Oozie or HDFS) or add services (such as Zeppelin) via Ambari using the HDP 2.3.2 Sandbox always fails with some form of the following error ...

raise Fail("Configuration parameter '" + self.name + "' was not found in configurations dictionary!")
resource_management.core.exceptions.Fail: Configuration parameter 'hbase-env' was not found in configurations dictionary!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Brian Weissler

Can you try adding 'ranger-hbase-plugin-enabled' property to : "HBASE" -> "Advanced" -> "Custom ranger-hbase-plugin-properties" section and set the value to yes/no, depending on whether HBase plugin was enabled on Ambari or not. Please restart HBase service after doing the changes.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Mentor

@Brian Weissler

Can you try adding 'ranger-hbase-plugin-enabled' property to : "HBASE" -> "Advanced" -> "Custom ranger-hbase-plugin-properties" section and set the value to yes/no, depending on whether HBase plugin was enabled on Ambari or not. Please restart HBase service after doing the changes.

Contributor

Not sure if it's the expected default or not, but HBase was not installed in my Sandbox. I installed and started it, and suddenly everything is now working in Ambari. I'm able to restart services and was able to install and start Zeppelin.

Thanks.