Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ambari change permission of /mr-history folder which lead to permission denied in logs of MapReduce2

Hi,

I migrated Ambari from 2.1 to 2.2 and have a strange issue with folders permission, using HDP 2.0.6 (HDFS, YARN and MapReduce2 on 2.1.0.2) on CentOS 6. When I start MapReduce2 service through init.d script everything is working well, but when I would to start it through Ambari 2.2 it automatically change the permission of /app-logs and /mr-history folders on HDFS to:

dr----x--t - yarn   hadoop 02014-02-1407:24 /app-logs
dr----x--t - mapred hadoop 02014-02-1208:52 /mr-history

The result of changing the permission on those folder, when I would start MapReduce2 service through Ambari is:

Error creating done directory:[hdfs://nnha:8020/mr-history/done]
Permission denied: user=mapred, access=EXECUTE, inode="/mr-history":mapred:hadoop:dr----x--t

When I change it back to default as follows:

hdfs dfs -chmod -R 1777 /app-logs
hdfs dfs -chmod -R 1777 /mr-history
hdfs dfs -chown -R yarn:hadoop /app-logs
hdfs dfs -chown -R mapred:hadoop /mr-history

Ambari change the permission of folders again to "dr----x--t", do you have please any recommendation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor
@Pavel Hladík

Couple of things:

Take a look on the following matrix

1) HDP 2.1 is deprecated and it means that you may not get HDP 2.0 support

You cannot go beyond Ambari 2.1.2 without upgrading HDP.

1509-screen-shot-2016-01-24-at-80146-am.png

It look like that you have having issue with History server (Introduced in HDP 2.0)

There is high probability that you may end up hitting more issues because of this mismatch.

screen-shot-2016-01-24-at-75813-am.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Super Collaborator

I cannot reproduce this issue on HDP-2.3.2.0-2950. I have successfully upgraded Ambari from 2.1 to 2.2 on centos 6.

I restarted MapReduce2 service through UI and it went fine. Permission of /mr-history is as below

drwxrwxrwx - mapred hadoop 0 2015-10-27 12:40 /mr-history

Didn't help me.

Master Mentor

@Pavel Hladík HDP 2.0 is not supported with Ambari 2.2, either downgrade Ambari or upgrade HDP.

Master Mentor
@Pavel Hladík

Couple of things:

Take a look on the following matrix

1) HDP 2.1 is deprecated and it means that you may not get HDP 2.0 support

You cannot go beyond Ambari 2.1.2 without upgrading HDP.

1509-screen-shot-2016-01-24-at-80146-am.png

It look like that you have having issue with History server (Introduced in HDP 2.0)

There is high probability that you may end up hitting more issues because of this mismatch.

screen-shot-2016-01-24-at-75813-am.png

Hi, I put my next question about downgrade to new question here.

Master Mentor

@Pavel Hladík are you still having issues with this? Can you accept the best answer or provide your own solution?