Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ambari location

Rising Star

I dont have enough space on / and I want to install Ambari and various services under /local directory. Where can I specify that option?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

As of now, there is no option to do that. You can create few folders as symlinks such as /usr/hdp and /usr/lib/ambari-server, /var/log etc and then install Ambari and the services.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

As of now, there is no option to do that. You can create few folders as symlinks such as /usr/hdp and /usr/lib/ambari-server, /var/log etc and then install Ambari and the services.

Super Collaborator

Looks that ambari-server rpm is not relocatable .. Usually if rpms are allowed to be installed in different location , it can be done use --prefix options with rpm . But for ambari-server pkg is not relocatable and cannot be installed in a different location other than default one... I just tried and it give the error as below ..

[root@hdp3 ~]# rpm --prefix=/local -i http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/Updates-ambari-2.1.2.1/ambari/ambari-server-2.1.2.1-418.x86_64.rpm warning: /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.UjaUpo: Header V4 RSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 07513cad: NOKEY error: package ambari-server is not relocatable.

Contributor

As an alternative, you can also create mountpoints on the directories that ambari uses, such as the ones @smohanty pointed out.