Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Anyone know of a Java PMML evaluator with an Apache compatible licence

Guru

JPMML is a great library for evaluating PMML models, including things like feature transformation and a good range of model support. However, it's license is AGPL3, which makes it hard to include in Apache projects.

I'm looking to evaluate PMML models as part of a custom NIFI processor, so need an evaluator library with and Apache license.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

An older version of JPMML is BSD-3 licensed. It supports PMML 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 4.0 and 4.1.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Master Mentor
@Simon Elliston Ball

This came up during a discussion with one of DS groups.

Spark-1406 PMML model evaluation support via MLib

Guru

That's a start, however PMML support in Spark is a way off being complete. In particular no support for transformations yet. Spark would be a great platform for this, though is a very heavy platform to spin up for simple scoring in a NiFi.

Cloudera Employee

@Simon Elliston Ball

I've only looked into this briefly in the past when considering working with existing models produced in SAS but take a look at the Pattern extension for Cascading.

@bplath@hortonworks.com cascading using jppml underneath the hood if i remember correctly. So u still hit the same licensing issue.

Cloudera Employee
@azeltov@hortonworks.com

pattern has a dependency on jpmml-model listed in their build. Looking at the licensing for that package - its BSD-3 which is actually pretty open from looking at this license comparison site, unless I'm missing something it seems this would be ok otherwise why would Cascading include in as they are Apache2. Here is the Pattern license link as well calling out the jpmml-model inclusion which again doesn't look to be too restrictive at all. Let me know if you think I'm misunderstanding the licensing at all.

@Simon I dont believe there is apache friendly PMML evaluator available now. JPMML and Openscoring have GNU license . If you find one , please share...

Contributor

An older version of JPMML is BSD-3 licensed. It supports PMML 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 4.0 and 4.1.