Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

CDP Trial Installation

Explorer

>>[21/Feb/2024 16:06:55 +0800] 2712551 MainThread agent ERROR Heartbeating to master:7182 failed

I am getting this error, so I cant continue installation.
I am using RHEL 8 btw.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Collaborator

@shofialau Thank you for bringing this to our Community.
Did you get help on this? 

I am using RHEL 8 btw.

Sanity Check:
Since you are installing, I am under the impression that your version of CM/CDP is compatible with RHEL8. Please consider reviewing our Interactive Cloudera Support Matrix.
https://supportmatrix.cloudera.com/

Also, The highlighted ERROR snip indicates the concerned CM agent is unable to send HB to the CM Server. 

Is this happening to only one CM agent or multiple ones? Additionally, Have you checked the networking parameters of this node as mentioned in the previous update?

Let us know how it goes.

V

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Community Manager

@shofialau, Welcome to our community! To help you get the best possible answer, I have tagged in our CDP experts @mimran @rki_ @vaishaakb  who may be able to assist you further.

Please feel free to provide any additional information or details about your query, and we hope that you will find a satisfactory solution to your question.

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Super Collaborator

Hi,

The error message you've provided indicates a problem with the agent's ability to send heartbeats to the master. This can occur due to various reasons, such as network issues, firewall settings, or misconfigurations.

Check the master server is available and reachable, check the network/firewall settings in the system, re-check the agent config files regarding the hostnames, port numbers etc...

Regards,

Chethan YM

Master Collaborator

@shofialau Thank you for bringing this to our Community.
Did you get help on this? 

I am using RHEL 8 btw.

Sanity Check:
Since you are installing, I am under the impression that your version of CM/CDP is compatible with RHEL8. Please consider reviewing our Interactive Cloudera Support Matrix.
https://supportmatrix.cloudera.com/

Also, The highlighted ERROR snip indicates the concerned CM agent is unable to send HB to the CM Server. 

Is this happening to only one CM agent or multiple ones? Additionally, Have you checked the networking parameters of this node as mentioned in the previous update?

Let us know how it goes.

V

Community Manager

@shofialau Did the response assist in resolving your query? If it did, kindly mark the relevant reply as the solution, as it will aid others in locating the answer more easily in the future. 

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community: