Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

DataXceiver error processing unknown operation + java.io.EOFException

Contributor

ERROR datanode.DataNode (DataXceiver.java:run(278)) - hostname:50010:DataXceiver error processing unknown operation src: /127.0.0.1:49632 dst: /127.0.0.1:50010 java.io.EOFException at java.io.DataInputStream.readShort(DataInputStream.java:315) at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.datatransfer.Receiver.readOp(Receiver.java:58) at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataXceiver.run(DataXceiver.java:227) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

I am just adding a new data node to ambari and facing this issue.

on ambari it shows its woking but in logs i am facing this ERROR .

i cheched my firewall off and my /etc/hosts is working properly with ssh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@vijay kadel,

This is harmless message you can ignore it. which will be addressed in 2.3.0 version of ambari. Please see: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-12420

The DataNode code has been changed in 2.3.0 Ambari so that it would stop logging the EOFException if a client connected to the data transfer port and immediately closed before sending any data.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Contributor

Hi Vijay- Can you please check if the datanode disks are working and formatted properly. The problem might be related to the dfs.datanode.data.dir related disks not behaving as expected.

Contributor

I am able to access and create files in DFS

i checked fsck status from same node : Its healthy.

@vijay kadel,

This is harmless message you can ignore it. which will be addressed in 2.3.0 version of ambari. Please see: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-12420

The DataNode code has been changed in 2.3.0 Ambari so that it would stop logging the EOFException if a client connected to the data transfer port and immediately closed before sending any data.

Contributor

+1 for Joy's answer. This is just a health check from Ambari agent and it is harmless (although annoying maybe 🙂 ).

New Contributor

Hello,

I'm receiving this same error as well, but for a different port - 1019, not 50010. I suppose this can be classified as the same?

ERROR datanode.DataNode (DataXceiver.java:run(278)) - sohc2v11-16.sohprod.local:1019:DataXceiver error processing unknown operation src: /30.177.244.16:42604 dst: /30.177.244.16:1019

Thanks and Regards, Braz

Rising Star

@Brazelton Mann I do get the same error as well, did you find a way to resolve this.

Thanks.