Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Dynamic Initial Max Value on GenerateTableFetch

New Contributor

In a GenerateTableFetch i have set as Maximum-value Columns the column updated_at. In addition i have define the property "initial.maxvalue.updated_at" with an hard-code initial value. However i do not want to hardcode manual the initial value but instead grab it dynamically, like performing an SQL statement to get the max updated value from the table. How i could feed such information in "initial.maxvalue.updated_at" ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @TonyPath ,

I noticed that the added dynamic property initial.maxvalue.<max_column_name> accept expression language (EL) so since the GenerateTableFetch can take incoming relationship maybe you can use  ExecuteSQLRecord to fetch the initial max value from sql into json format  then store it in a flow file attribute using EvaluateJsonPath processor which you can reference to set  the initial.maxvalue.<max_column_name> property value as follows:

SAMSAL_0-1693057850866.png

ExecuteSQLRecord Config:

SAMSAL_1-1693057896509.png

EvaluateJsonPath Config:

SAMSAL_2-1693057933983.png

GenerateTableFetch Config:

SAMSAL_3-1693057992347.png

If that helps please accept solution.

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @TonyPath ,

I noticed that the added dynamic property initial.maxvalue.<max_column_name> accept expression language (EL) so since the GenerateTableFetch can take incoming relationship maybe you can use  ExecuteSQLRecord to fetch the initial max value from sql into json format  then store it in a flow file attribute using EvaluateJsonPath processor which you can reference to set  the initial.maxvalue.<max_column_name> property value as follows:

SAMSAL_0-1693057850866.png

ExecuteSQLRecord Config:

SAMSAL_1-1693057896509.png

EvaluateJsonPath Config:

SAMSAL_2-1693057933983.png

GenerateTableFetch Config:

SAMSAL_3-1693057992347.png

If that helps please accept solution.

Thanks

New Contributor

Hi @SAMSAL, I haven't tried it yet but your proposal makes sense, but the execute sql record will run constantly and required manual intervention to stop it so to produce only one flow file. However this is another case

How often are you looking to run the GenerateFetchTable ? If its going to be a batch process then you can set up the a schedule on the top processor using processor config -> Scheduling tab and setting the Run Schedule value. By default this value is set to 0 secs which means its continuously running.