Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDP 2.5 Sandbox(VM) commands/scripts are not found

New Contributor

I am running HDP 2.5 Sandbox in VM. I am able to lunch HDP 2.5 welcome page and Ambari. However when I ran commands like sandbox-version and ambari-admin-password-reset in VM Terminal, I get message like command not found. Did I miss any step in the tutorial ? These commands were running fine in HDP 2.4.

7951-cuserskhycdesktopmy-docs1officemydevmybd-hadoophor.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

New Contributor

The sandbox is now in a docker container inside this vm. if you want to avoid manually jumping into container, you can login to the dashboard by going to http://<YOUR VM IP>:8888/ and then click the "quick links" in "Advanced HDP" box. There you have option to login using web ssh client. then you can run the usual commands that you used to with the sandbox VM.

7964-screenshot-2016-09-25-181337.png

7965-screenshot-2016-09-25-181349.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

New Contributor

The sandbox is now in a docker container inside this vm. if you want to avoid manually jumping into container, you can login to the dashboard by going to http://<YOUR VM IP>:8888/ and then click the "quick links" in "Advanced HDP" box. There you have option to login using web ssh client. then you can run the usual commands that you used to with the sandbox VM.

7964-screenshot-2016-09-25-181337.png

7965-screenshot-2016-09-25-181349.png

Expert Contributor

This is because now by default port forwarding to the Sandbox VM is on port 2222 for both vmware and virtualbox and that is to where the :4200 console is connecting. If you need to access the Docker Host Machine, the ports are 22 on vmware and 2122 on virtualbox.

New Contributor

Is there some documentation around how to jump into the container (if you SSH to port 22), or are we just supposed to SSH to port 2222?

Contributor

ssh to port 2222. I know this is not mentioned in the splash screen that comes up when VM is booted up but this is the port on which you can establish ssh connection to the docker. I was unable to find this in documentation and followed intuition as to what was done in HDP 2.4. Cheers!

New Contributor

This worked like a charm. Wish the documentation was a bit more clear.

New Contributor

Commands/scripts worked fine in SSH web client. @Muhammad, Thank you.

New Contributor

Thank you...sorted for me...was facing the same issue

New Contributor

thank you Mohammad