Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDP install issues about hdp-select

New Contributor

I am tring to install HDP 2.3 and get the following error at "Install, Start and Test" step:

File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 291, in _call
    raise Fail(err_msg)
resource_management.core.exceptions.Fail: Execution of '/usr/bin/yum -d 0 -e 0 -y install hdp-select' returned 1. Error: Nothing to do

It seems that hdp-select package could not be found. I am using local repository. Where could I find this package? Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@isml smile I am afraid that you may have a bigger problem. Verify the repo files and make sure that you are using the correct binaries i,e no mismatch with OS.

I am sure you are follow this

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Master Mentor
@isml smile

Try this /usr/bin/hdp-select

New Contributor

Thanks for your reply.

I could not find "hdp-select" in /usr/bin. It seems that this package has not successfully installed on my host. I could not find any comment about "hdp-select" in the Install Guide. How could I install it?

Master Mentor

@isml smile You can try this

/usr/bin/hdp-select

[root@phdns01 ~]# rpm -qa | grep hdp-select

hdp-select-2.3.4.0-3276.el6.noarch

[root@phdns01 ~]# yum install hdp-select*

Master Mentor

@isml smile I am afraid that you may have a bigger problem. Verify the repo files and make sure that you are using the correct binaries i,e no mismatch with OS.

I am sure you are follow this

Master Mentor

@isml smile The issue was with repo file. Please accept the best answer to close the thread.

Master Mentor

@isml smile run manually

Yum install -y hdp-select

If fails

Give output of the commands below

Yum clean all

Yum repolist

And specify which OS you are running

New Contributor

Finally I work it out. It is just because I do not config the correct repository url.

Thanks everyone.

New Contributor

how you resolve it?

Explorer

This generally occur if one select either wrong OS or OS version while creating cluster in "Launch wizard"