Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How do you change HiveServer2 Interactive Host

Master Guru

HiveServer2 Interactive Host

localhost

There's no edit button and I don't see that field anywhere else.

How do I change that in ambari?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator
@Timothy Spann

you can definitely use ambari granular APIs to delete and add back Hive interactive host on another host. But Hive interactive requires other clients (Slider,Tez, etc) as well to work. so you need to also add them on new host.

Rather I will suggest easiest way would be from UI is to disable interactive query (interactive-query.png) and save the settings (this automatically stops and deletes Hive Server Interactive from existing host), wait for all background operations to be completed and then enable it again . While enabling back interactive query, user will be asked to choose the HS2 interactive host and when the settings are saved, selected host will have HS2 interactive installed along with other dependent clients installation. yarn queue should be automatically refreshed and HS2 will be running on new host

Also at anytime you can go to hive service summary page and hover over HS2 interactive to know what host it is presently installed on (hs2-interactive-hostname.png). This does not require clicking and actually navigating to HS2 interactive host to identify HS2 Interactive hostname.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Master Guru

https://www.mail-archive.com/commits@ambari.apache.org/msg30743.html

Indicates removing that name from the UI in ambari

Super Collaborator
@Timothy Spann

you can definitely use ambari granular APIs to delete and add back Hive interactive host on another host. But Hive interactive requires other clients (Slider,Tez, etc) as well to work. so you need to also add them on new host.

Rather I will suggest easiest way would be from UI is to disable interactive query (interactive-query.png) and save the settings (this automatically stops and deletes Hive Server Interactive from existing host), wait for all background operations to be completed and then enable it again . While enabling back interactive query, user will be asked to choose the HS2 interactive host and when the settings are saved, selected host will have HS2 interactive installed along with other dependent clients installation. yarn queue should be automatically refreshed and HS2 will be running on new host

Also at anytime you can go to hive service summary page and hover over HS2 interactive to know what host it is presently installed on (hs2-interactive-hostname.png). This does not require clicking and actually navigating to HS2 interactive host to identify HS2 Interactive hostname.

Master Guru

That did it, thanks alot!

Contributor

I think there's a bug though - if you revert to a previous config (as you usually would, when undoing a change), the HS2 interactive is not removed from the previously selected host.