Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

NIFI 1.0 can't empty queues

Master Guru

I had a lot of queue up messages in a few place on a single 8G Node of HDF 2.0 and couldn't empty the queues.

8162-emptyqueue.png

Errors

java.net.SocketException: Too many open files
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketAccept(Native Method) ~[na:1.8.0_101]
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.accept(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:409) ~[na:1.8.0_101]
at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(ServerSocket.java:545) ~[na:1.8.0_101]
at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(ServerSocket.java:513) ~[na:1.8.0_101]
at org.apache.nifi.BootstrapListener$Listener.run(BootstrapListener.java:158) ~[nifi-runtime-1.0.0.2.0.0.0-579.jar:1.0.0.2.0.0.0-579]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [na:1.8.0_101]
2016-09-30 13:52:42,479 ERROR [Listen to Bootstrap] org.apache.nifi.BootstrapListener Failed to process request from Bootstrap due to java.net.SocketException: Too many open files
java.net.SocketException: Too many open files
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketAccept(Native Method) ~[na:1.8.0_101]
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.accept(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:409) ~[na:1.8.0_101]
at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(ServerSocket.java:545) ~[na:1.8.0_101]
at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(ServerSocket.java:513) ~[na:1.8.0_101]
at org.apache.nifi.BootstrapListener$Listener.run(BootstrapListener.java:158) ~[nifi-runtime-1.0.0.2.0.0.0-579.jar:1.0.0.2.0.0.0-579]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [na:1.8.0_101]

bootstrap.conf

# JVM memory settings
java.arg.2=-Xms4096m
java.arg.3=-Xmx8092m
# Enable Remote Debugging
#java.arg.debug=-agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=8000
java.arg.4=-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
# allowRestrictedHeaders is required for Cluster/Node communications to work properly
java.arg.5=-Dsun.net.http.allowRestrictedHeaders=true
java.arg.6=-Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=sun.net.www.protocol
# The G1GC is still considered experimental but has proven to be very advantageous in providing great
# performance without significant "stop-the-world" delays.
java.arg.13=-XX:+UseG1GC
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

I shut down the server, made sure the memory was clear. I upped the memory in bootstrap.conf and made sure all the heavy duty processors (Twitter) were stopped. Then on restart I went to the ones I wanted to empty and was able to do so. Once all that junk was out memory, everything worked flawless. I think my server was a bit undersized for what I was doing. I was running all the tweets from Strata through TensorFlow, Python Vader, saving images, maybe 50 processors plus a few demos I was running simultaneously.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Super Mentor

@Timothy Spann

Looks like you do not have enough file handles

The following command will show your current open file limits:

# ulimit -a

This should be min 10000, but may need to be even higher depending on the dataflow.

Matt

Master Guru

it was unlimited!?!??! I restarted NIFI and was able to do it. Probably too much in JVM memory and a wrong message?

Master Guru

I shut down the server, made sure the memory was clear. I upped the memory in bootstrap.conf and made sure all the heavy duty processors (Twitter) were stopped. Then on restart I went to the ones I wanted to empty and was able to do so. Once all that junk was out memory, everything worked flawless. I think my server was a bit undersized for what I was doing. I was running all the tweets from Strata through TensorFlow, Python Vader, saving images, maybe 50 processors plus a few demos I was running simultaneously.

Contributor

Hi

i have 5 separate queues for 5 different processors, everytime i'm going to each processor and clearing the each queue its taking me lot of time, is there any way to clear all the queue's at same time ?

please help me with this

thanks

Ravi