Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

NoSuchFeildError: PLAINTEXTSASL in Kafka on HDP 2.5 TP Sandbox

Expert Contributor

On HDP 2.5 TP Sandbox, running a storm topology for a telcom demo is giving me the below error:

java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: PLAINTEXTSASL at kafka.utils.CoreUtils$.isSaslProtocol(CoreUtils.scala:282) at kafka.consumer.SimpleConsumer.<init>(SimpleConsumer.scala:46) at kafka.javaapi.consumer.Si..

Attaching a picture.

7011-plaintextsasl-nosuchfielderror.png

Can anybody help me identify the issue? Is it related to Kerberos and SSL on Kafka? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Geetha Anne can you post your topology pom.xml and the kafka dependency. Are you sure you are using HDP kafka dependencies in your topology?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@Geetha Anne can you post your topology pom.xml and the kafka dependency. Are you sure you are using HDP kafka dependencies in your topology?

Expert Contributor
Sure. I am attaching the pom.xml. Yes kafka dependecies are taken care of in the file. Infact this topology runs completely fine on HDP 2.4, 2.3. Please let me know any inputs.

HDP kafka has a patch for old client api (consumer, producer) to work with kerberorized kafka cluster. So you need to make sure the dependencies you set are coming from the hortonworks maven repo

<dependency> <groupId>org.apache.kafka</groupId> <artifactId>kafka_2.10</artifactId> <version>0.8.2.0</version>

");"><exclusions>
");"><exclusion>
<groupId>org.apache.zookeeper</groupId> <artifactId>zookeeper</artifactId> </exclusion>
");"><exclusion>
<groupId>log4j</groupId> <artifactId>log4j</artifactId> </exclusion>
</exclusions>

</dependency>

The above is from Apache. You can use this http://repo.hortonworks.com/content/groups/public/org/apache/kafka/kafka_2.10/0.9.0.2.4.2.8-3/ instead of the above. Add repo.hortonworks.com as one of the maven repo and use the version 0.9.0.2.4.2.8-3 instead of 0.8.2.0 like above.