Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

SolR and Banana

Contributor

Hello,

I am a new user and wanted to try banana with the SolR deployed on my Cloudera 5.0.

I read on https://github.com/LucidWorks/banana#installation-and-quickstart to copy the banana folder to $SOLR_HOME/example/solr-webapp/webapp/

So I was wondering if it was :

/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.0.0-1.cdh5.0.0.p0.47/share/doc/solr-doc-4.4.0+cdh5.0.0+178/example/solr-webapp/webapp/ ?

But when I access to http://[ip-server-SOLR]:8983/solr/banana/src/index.html#/dashboard I got a tomcat error 404 not found.

So I went onto the SOLR interface and search for solr home and fond in java properties a field solr.solr.home with /var/lib/solr inside.

So I  cp – R the banana folder in /var/lib/solr/tomcat-deployment/webapps/ but again, no result.

Could you please indicate me where to install the banana folder ? Or is there anything to configure with SolR to get banana to work ?

Regards,

Kevin Lefevre

--
Lefevre Kevin
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

From what I've seen, the contents of the /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/lib/solr/... directories are copied to the /var/lib/solr ...  when you deploy the client configuration for solr (or on a service restart, I can't remember which).  If you copied the webapp to /var/lib/solr/..., you would need to restart the solr role for the new app to show up.  Doing this seems to reploy from the /opt/cloudera/parcels directory which would delete the stuff you just copied.

I haven't tried to use Banana yet (it's on my list of things to do), but I'd try putting it in /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/lib/solr/webapp.  This worked for some jar files I was trying to deploy across my solr servers.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

New Contributor
Hi Kevin,
Did you figure this out ?.
I want to plug in banana on our cloudera solr collection to do an evaluation and there is not much information on how to get it to work with solrcloud/zookeeper let alone a cloudera installation.

Tx
Shekhar

Contributor

From what I've seen, the contents of the /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/lib/solr/... directories are copied to the /var/lib/solr ...  when you deploy the client configuration for solr (or on a service restart, I can't remember which).  If you copied the webapp to /var/lib/solr/..., you would need to restart the solr role for the new app to show up.  Doing this seems to reploy from the /opt/cloudera/parcels directory which would delete the stuff you just copied.

I haven't tried to use Banana yet (it's on my list of things to do), but I'd try putting it in /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/lib/solr/webapp.  This worked for some jar files I was trying to deploy across my solr servers.

Contributor

Were you able to get banana to remain unbroken after upgrades or client config deployments? We've had banana set up with Solr working perfectly, however everytime we push client configs or upgrade Cloudera banana is wiped out and we have to restore all the various jar files.

Would placing the banana app and various jar files in /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/lib/solr/webapps keep it from being clobbered?

Contributor

Hello,

I agree with Jaraxal. I've put the war file of banana in the opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/lib/solr/webapp and it wass working properly.

I however didn't test if it is wiped when deploying a new client configuration in solr, but I doubt it.

--
Lefevre Kevin

New Contributor

Hello !

Also new in cloudera, i want to try banana and i put a war file in opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/lib/solr/webapp but nothing happened when i navigated to it with my web browser.

I think i miss something.

I used the command line: jar -cvf ../banana.war * to create my war file.

Did anyone succeded to install banana on a cloudera distribution?

Many thanks