Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Spark Streaming Kafka dependency issue on Zeppelin

Contributor

Anyone has any idea why I get the following error when I execute KafkaUtils.createStream on Zeppelin? However it works fine on spark-shell yarn-client

error: bad symbolic reference. A signature in KafkaUtils.class refers to term kafka
in package <root> which is not available.
It may be completely missing from the current classpath, or the version on
the classpath might be incompatible with the version used when compiling KafkaUtils.class.
error: bad symbolic reference. A signature in KafkaUtils.class refers to term serializer
in value kafka which is not available.
It may be completely missing from the current classpath, or the version on
the classpath might be incompatible with the version used when compiling KafkaUtils.class.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor
@Mahan Hosseinzadeh

Zeppelin works with spark streaming but I don't think Kafka is supported yet. I see no reference of kafka in git code ..link

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Master Mentor
@Mahan Hosseinzadeh

Zeppelin works with spark streaming but I don't think Kafka is supported yet. I see no reference of kafka in git code ..link

Contributor

I see no sign of Kafka on Zeppelin, but apparently TwitterUtils is available to use!

Master Mentor

@Mahan Hosseinzadeh are you still having issues with this? Can you accept the best answer or provide your own solution?

New Contributor

@Mahan Hosseinzadah Are you using 0.8.2.2 version of Kafka. I believe I was getting that error when I used another version.

New Contributor

@Mahan Hosseinzadeh Did you resolve the issue???

@Mahan Hosseinzadah Did you resolve the issue??

New Contributor

@Neeraj Sabharwal Is kafka is supported in Zeppelin on HDP.

I have used Kafka with zeppelin with standalone Spark installation.

But not working with HDP.