Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Stateful processors in test flows vs. deployment

Contributor

In Cloudera Data Flow, I'm using the `QueryDatabaseTable` processor with a maximum-value column to keep track of which records have already been processed. When I'm in Flow Designer testing the flow, I can see that it's maintaining state. Does this state persist if I deploy it, or does the deploy clear the state? I expect it would be the latter, but want to check.

Follow up question: Say I make changes to the flow and redeploy. Is the state cleared this time, or does it use the last deployments flow? I'd like to be confident that making changes to the flow doesn't cause it to reprocess all the data again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Hello @ipson first sorry my previous comment was not posted for some reason.

It is great to see you are exploring DataFlow Data Service on Cloudera Public Cloud.
To answer your question:

Does it persist state?

Unfortunately there is currently no ability to change the flow on a running deployment, so you'd have to
  • publish v2 to the catalog from flow designer
  • terminate original deployment
  • perform new deployment with v2

If you have to deploy a new version of the flow it means you are standing up a new namespace and in turn  it will have a new zookeeper / NiFi / disk among other things contained within the kubernetes namespace.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Expert Contributor

Hello @ipson first sorry my previous comment was not posted for some reason.

It is great to see you are exploring DataFlow Data Service on Cloudera Public Cloud.
To answer your question:

Does it persist state?

Unfortunately there is currently no ability to change the flow on a running deployment, so you'd have to
  • publish v2 to the catalog from flow designer
  • terminate original deployment
  • perform new deployment with v2

If you have to deploy a new version of the flow it means you are standing up a new namespace and in turn  it will have a new zookeeper / NiFi / disk among other things contained within the kubernetes namespace.

Community Manager

@ipson Has the reply helped resolve your issue? If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the solution, as it will make it easier for others to find the answer in the future. Thanks.

Regards,

Diana Torres,
Community Moderator

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community: