Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

The air gap(offline) installation of CDP Private Cloud Data Services 1.5.2 requires a significant amount of disk space, but there is currently insufficient space available.

Contributor

Hi everyone, I would like some clarification. Thank you.

Install in air gap mode:
CDP Private Cloud Data Services1.5.2:Installing in air gap environment 

All content needs to be downloaded:

wget -l 0 --recursive --no-parent -e robots=off -nH --cut-dirs=2 --reject="index.html*" -t 10 https://<username>:<password> @archive.cloudera.com/p/cdp-pvc-ds/latest

I would like to ask how much capacity is required for all downloads, and does it require such a large space to install using air-gap?

As shown in the screenshot, more than 400GB can't be downloaded completely:

steinsgate_0-1707212727403.png

2 REPLIES 2

Community Manager

@steinsgate Welcome to the Cloudera Community!

To help you get the best possible solution, I have tagged our CDP-Private experts @PabitraDas @venkatsambath  who may be able to assist you further.

Please keep us updated on your post, and we hope you find a satisfactory solution to your query.

Regards,

Diana Torres,
Community Moderator

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Contributor

Hello @DianaTorres @PabitraDas @venkatsambath  

Thank you, I would like to explain further.

I would like to ask, do I have to download files exceeding 400 GB?

Is it possible to precisely download only the necessary files?

For example, if I only want to install Cloudera Data Service and Cloudera Machine Learning, then I shouldn't need to download the Data Engineering (dex-) or Data Warehouse (cdsw-) components, right?

Is there any related documentation or instructions on how to download only the necessary files to complete the installation of Cloudera Data Service? (If I do not intend to install CML, CDE, CDW)