Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unable to add phoenix application using Cloudbreak.

Explorer

Hi there,

We are unable to add phoenix application to slave nodes in our presently running cluster which was spun up using Cloudbreak. We were of the opinion that if we add HBase as a service then Phoenix would be available for addition later when we need it. Would like to know if we have missed something. I am attaching the blueprint as well :

{ "host_groups": [ { "name": "host_group_master_1", "configurations": [], "components": [ { "name": "HBASE_MASTER" }, { "name": "ZOOKEEPER_SERVER" }, { "name": "NAMENODE" }, { "name": "HDFS_CLIENT" }, { "name": "ZOOKEEPER_CLIENT" }, { "name": "METRICS_MONITOR" }, { "name": "HBASE_CLIENT" } ], "cardinality": "1" }, { "name": "host_group_master_2", "configurations": [], "components": [ { "name": "HBASE_MASTER" }, { "name": "ZOOKEEPER_SERVER" }, { "name": "PIG" }, { "name": "ZOOKEEPER_CLIENT" }, { "name": "METRICS_MONITOR" }, { "name": "HDFS_CLIENT" }, { "name": "HBASE_CLIENT" }, { "name": "SECONDARY_NAMENODE" } ], "cardinality": "1" }, { "name": "host_group_master_3", "configurations": [], "components": [ { "name": "ZOOKEEPER_SERVER" }, { "name": "HBASE_CLIENT" }, { "name": "HDFS_CLIENT" }, { "name": "METRICS_MONITOR" }, { "name": "METRICS_COLLECTOR" } ], "cardinality": "1" }, { "name": "host_group_client_1", "configurations": [], "components": [ { "name": "ZOOKEEPER_CLIENT" }, { "name": "PIG" }, { "name": "HBASE_CLIENT" }, { "name": "METRICS_MONITOR" }, { "name": "SQOOP" }, { "name": "HDFS_CLIENT" }, { "name": "METRICS_MONITOR" } ], "cardinality": "1" }, { "name": "host_group_slave_1", "configurations": [], "components": [ { "name": "HBASE_REGIONSERVER" }, { "name": "METRICS_MONITOR" }, { "name": "ZOOKEEPER_CLIENT" }, { "name": "HBASE_CLIENT" }, { "name": "DATANODE" }, { "name": "HDFS_CLIENT" } ], "cardinality": "4" } ], "Blueprints": { "blueprint_name": "hbase-sec-nn", "stack_name": "HDP", "stack_version": "2.6" } }

Thank you.!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

@Amey Hegde

I used your blue print to create a cluster via Cloud Break and I am able to enable Phoenix without any issues.

Log into Ambari --> Select Hbase Service --> Click the Config Tab (Settings, not Advanced) -- > Scroll to the bottom of the page to the section called Phoenix SQL --> Click on the switch called "Enable Phoenix" --> Save Settings --> Restart all affected services .

39500-screen-shot-2017-09-24-at-120519-am.png

This will start an install and config process that will install Phoenix binaries and make a few configuration tweaks to hbase-site.

If you SSH to the console, you can run: /usr/hdp/current/phoenix-client/bin/sqlline.py, you can immediately start creating tables. Once you get data loaded, you can issue queries from here as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Guru

@Amey Hegde

I used your blue print to create a cluster via Cloud Break and I am able to enable Phoenix without any issues.

Log into Ambari --> Select Hbase Service --> Click the Config Tab (Settings, not Advanced) -- > Scroll to the bottom of the page to the section called Phoenix SQL --> Click on the switch called "Enable Phoenix" --> Save Settings --> Restart all affected services .

39500-screen-shot-2017-09-24-at-120519-am.png

This will start an install and config process that will install Phoenix binaries and make a few configuration tweaks to hbase-site.

If you SSH to the console, you can run: /usr/hdp/current/phoenix-client/bin/sqlline.py, you can immediately start creating tables. Once you get data loaded, you can issue queries from here as well.