Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unable to get FetchS3Object using an IAM role

Explorer

I have NiFi installed on an EC2 instance

NiFi version - 1.22.0

I have a requirement to pull files text files from s3 bucket and write them locally in NiFi as PoC.

I have configured an input_port and FetchS3Object and PutFile processor as shown in the screenshot. The Nifi ec2 intance already has access to the s3 bucket and I have checked that by using "aws s3 cp s3_uri ./" command to copy files from s3 bucket to ec2 instance and it worked, However, for some reason, it seems NiFi FetchS3Object processor is running into some issue.

The Nifi-app.log havent been very helpful even though I enabled "debug" level on the processor. It showed no error or warn messages. The only messages the processor showed is on the gui as shown in the screenshot.

I have shown the values I configured in configuration. Only specified bucket name, object key, which I initially set to *.evtx but then changed to * to get any file and region option. Did not specify access key or secret as using the IAM roles associated with the EC2, which already has access to the s3 bucket, the processor should be able to pull the files.

error.png

Screenshot 2023-07-03 124646.png

Can anyone please help how I can fix this issue ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

created a new service from the menu of "AWS Credentials Provider Service" of the properties of 'FetchS3Object' processor, called as "AWS Credentials Provider Controller Service". Configured its value to "True". After that, the issue was fixed

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Explorer

created a new service from the menu of "AWS Credentials Provider Service" of the properties of 'FetchS3Object' processor, called as "AWS Credentials Provider Controller Service". Configured its value to "True". After that, the issue was fixed