Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unable to login to built-in web client at port 4200 using HDP 2.5 set-up in Microsoft Azure.

New Contributor

I had setup a HDP 2.5 sandbox in microsoft azure. I am able to login the VM successfully through putty and access all the hadoop services but am unable to login to SSH client from web-client using "http://<my-ip-address>:4200". I even opened the port 4200 from azure. still am facing the error :

Network Error (tcp_error)
A communication error occurred: "Connection refused"
The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

Please help...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@sandeep Koutarapu

4200 web terminal port is opened by the service "shellinabox".

So can you please check if that service is running or not?

- I do not have Azur VM ready at my end currently to check the same. However in HDP sandbox for Linux i see that this service is up as following:

# shellinaboxd -u shellinabox -g shellinabox --cert=/var/lib/shellinabox --port=4200 --background=/var/run/shellinaboxd.pid -t -s /:SSH:sandbox.hortonworks.com --css white-on-black.css

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Master Mentor

@sandeep Koutarapu

4200 web terminal port is opened by the service "shellinabox".

So can you please check if that service is running or not?

- I do not have Azur VM ready at my end currently to check the same. However in HDP sandbox for Linux i see that this service is up as following:

# shellinaboxd -u shellinabox -g shellinabox --cert=/var/lib/shellinabox --port=4200 --background=/var/run/shellinaboxd.pid -t -s /:SSH:sandbox.hortonworks.com --css white-on-black.css

New Contributor
@Jay SenSharma

HI Jay SenSharma,

Am able to access the webclient and login to my linux vm from my browser now. thank you for the help 🙂

Contributor

@Jay SenSharma

I am facing this similar problem, i am running HDP 2.5 on Azure and opened the port 4200 in NSG. Still i am not able to use the in built webssh client. I tried to find the service "shellinaboxd" but not able to find it. Can you please help ?

[root@sandbox ~]# service shellinaboxd status Redirecting to /bin/systemctl status shellinaboxd.service ● shellinaboxd.service Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory) Active: inactive (dead) [root@sandbox ~]# service shellinaboxd start Redirecting to /bin/systemctl start shellinaboxd.service Failed to start shellinaboxd.service: Unit shellinaboxd.service failed to load: No such file or directory.