Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

CLOUD era 5.14 installation failed with Path A installation

Explorer

Hi,

I have tried cloud 5.14 insstallation with path A. tried with single node/multinode.i ran the installtion from root user.

it always failed in  " cluster steup steps"

When i went threought the log file  found the below issues and tried to fix it manaully .

1> The cloudera-scm user got created, but doesnt have sudo privillage guiven by root user. i gave it manually'

2>  neither zookrrper/name node/hdfs starets , because , it was unable to create any of the directories under /var/lib  or var/log or /dfs.

3> Also the auto installer didnt create the os user like zookeeepr/hdfs users. . thats why it is faling.

i have selinux disabled

[root@centosgold snn]# sestatus
SELinux status: disabled
[root@centosgold snn]#

Please help

some of the error

Invalid config, exiting abnormally
org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerConfig$ConfigException: Error processing /run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/26-zookeeper-server/zoo.cfg
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerConfig.parse(QuorumPeerConfig.java:131)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerMain.initializeAndRun(QuorumPeerMain.java:106)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerMain.main(QuorumPeerMain.java:79)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: dataLogDir /var/lib/zookeeper is missing.
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerConfig.parseProperties(QuorumPeerConfig.java:287)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerConfig.parse(QuorumPeerConfig.java:127)
... 2 more

=================

2:02:54.536 PM ERROR Main
Error creating LevelDB timeseries store in directory /var/lib/cloudera-service-monitor/ts
java.io.IOException: Unable to create new directory at /var/lib/cloudera-service-monitor/ts/ts_entity_metadata
at com.cloudera.cmon.tstore.leveldb.LDBUtils.openVersionedDB(LDBUtils.java:257)
at com.cloudera.cmon.tstore.leveldb.LDBUtils.openVersionedDB(LDBUtils.java:212)
at com.cloudera.cmon.tstore.leveldb.LDBTimeSeriesMetadataStore.openMetadataDB(LDBTimeSeriesMetadataStore.java:148)
at com.cloudera.cmon.tstore.leveldb.LDBTimeSeriesMetadataStore.<init>(LDBTimeSeriesMetadataStore.java:138)
at com.cloudera.cmon.firehose.Main.main(Main.java:474)

=-================

Unable to access datadir, exiting abnormally
org.apache.zookeeper.server.persistence.FileTxnSnapLog$DatadirException: Missing data directory /var/lib/zookeeper/version-2, automatic data directory creation is disabled (zookeeper.datadir.autocreate is false). Please create this directory manually.
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.persistence.FileTxnSnapLog.<init>(FileTxnSnapLog.java:102)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZooKeeperServerMain.runFromConfig(ZooKeeperServerMain.java:109)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZooKeeperServerMain.initializeAndRun(ZooKeeperServerMain.java:91)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZooKeeperServerMain.main(ZooKeeperServerMain.java:53)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerMain.initializeAndRun(QuorumPeerMain.java:121)
at org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerMain.main(QuorumPeerMain.java:79)

====================== 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Hi Datta,

You should not have to give anyone privs, CM will take care of that all for you.

Tina

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Expert Contributor
Hi,

You are trying the install as a root user or some other use? What are the permissions on /var/lib and var/log files??

Explorer

as root user

Super Collaborator

HI,

So you downloaded the cloudera-manager-installer.bin file from onto a CentOS  (6 or 7?) host.  

It runs fine

You login to the cloudera manager UI in your browser

The express wizard guides you through the install.

What did you fill in on the Choose Repos page for CDH?

I assume the Cloudera Manager Agents installs OK and it is just the CDH setup that is failing.

Tina

Explorer

Hi Tina,

yes i have downloaded the clouera installer, and all agent installation completed sucssfully without any issue .

Choose Repos page : i choose the default option ( use parcel) and for cluster i chose core with spark 

Datta

Explorer

drwxr-xr-x. 28 root root 4096 Mar 12 21:44 /var/log
[root@nn ~]# ls -ld /var/lib
drwxr-xr-x. 71 root root 4096 Mar 10 04:14 /var/lib
[root@nn ~]#

Super Collaborator

Sorry, more questions:

JDK installation Options Page:   Did you choose to install JDK, and encryption policy files?

Enable Single User Mode Page:  You did NOT choose this option, correct?

Provide SSH Login Credentials Page:   You chose    root/all hosts accept same password/YOUR-PASSWORD

CM Agents installed on you hosts

The rest of the pages you choose the defaults.

Let me know.

Tina

Explorer

JDK installation Options Page:  i choose to install JDK, and  NO-encryption policy files

Enable Single User Mode Page:  i chose single user mode

Provide SSH Login Credentials Page:   You chose    root/all hosts accept same password/YOUR-PASSWORD : i chose  the root user and provided the password all nodes( all are same)

CM Agents installed on you hosts : yes it got installed 

The rest of the pages you choose the defaults : yes

Super Collaborator

Do not choose "Single User Mode"   

There is a lot of setup you need to go through to get it to work.

If you can, start over and do not choose the single user mode.    Your install of CDH should work without any of these issues.

Good Luck!

Tina

Explorer

Thanks Tina,

let me do that and update you

Datta