Welcome to the Cloudera Community!
The Cloudera Community is your platform to seek answers to your Cloudera questions, as well as provide quality answers, expertise, self-help, peer-to-peer, and customer journey support.
Our mission is to provide an online community for people to come together, gain valuable insights from their peers, collaborate, and innovate around Cloudera products. Because we are a community used by people of all ages, cultures, and religions, we ask that you keep this a safe and welcoming place for all members by following our community guidelines.
We look forward to your active participation and engagement.
Cloudera Community Platform Guidelines
Our goal is to create a place where we all treat each other with respect and grow our collective knowledge. The Cloudera Community Platform Guidelines will help you understand what it means to be a member of the Cloudera Community:
- Be Respectful: We’re all in this together, and this is our safe space. Commit to treating each other with kindness and consideration. We ask that you respect others culture, religion, and identities. Language or media that demeans others based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, or sexual orientation will not be tolerated. You can respectfully disagree with another member by keeping your tone positive and your comments constructive. Remember to offer honest help, thank members for useful posts, keep communications professional, and remain patient with others.
- Be Relevant: If you have a new question, start by searching the community. Chances are someone has already asked or answered your question. When asking a question, provide as much context as possible, including the component(s) and version, etc. If you don’t find an answer, start a new thread rather than interrupting another conversation. Remember to make your contributions relevant to the discussion or topic to ensure questions get solved. This means including the appropriate level of detail in both your questions and responses. Refrain from posting duplicate messages in different parts of the community to avoid content fragmentation.
- Be Generous: Pay it forward! Our community is nothing without the people who bring it to life. Help make this a community that can count on each other for help. You want the community’s help when you need it so take some time to answer questions when you think you have expertise that can help your peers. Be sure to keep your comments constructive and encouraging to continue to build a positive environment.
- Be Grateful: Show your gratitude! If a member has answered your question or provided helpful advice, let them know. You can say thank you by giving a “Kudo” (like) on an answer. If an answer solved your problem, be sure to mark “Accept as Solution” on the answer. Marking solutions floats the answer to the top and makes it easy for other members, who may have the same question as you, find the correct solution. You can also add a reply to the post to express your gratitude and demonstrate what specifically helped solve your problem. And remember, there are benefits to showing your gratitude. Every time you give a kudo, mark a solution or respond in the community, you increase your community reputation by earning badges and advancing your rank levels.
- Be Yourself: We love and welcome your uniqueness! We encourage you to build your profile by sharing your photos, skills, expertise, and interests. Our ask of you is to be professional at all times and respect the copyrights of others. Please do not pass other’s content and images as your own. Only upload your own work and content and make sure you obtain the appropriate approvals, if applicable, before uploading it. Uploading other people's work as if it is your own may be a copyright infringement.
- Be Informed: As a community member, know our Terms & Conditions as well as the Privacy and Data policy. Moderators reserve the right to moderate content and users according to these policies and the community guidelines. Our people have great advice! But remember, this is a peer-to-peer format, and some of the advice you may find can be incorrect or incomplete. Always remember to apply critical thinking skills to information, solutions, and advice. To report spam, abuse, inappropriate content, use the “Report Inappropriate Content” function (located in “Message Options” on the offending post) to alert the community team.
- Be Safe: Respect your privacy and the privacy of others. Avoid sharing any personal (home address, phone number, email address, credit card information, etc.) or company sensitive company (usernames, passwords, hostnames) information. Finally, please make sure all your contributions adhere to our contractual agreements - copyright, confidential information or otherwise - and guidelines to ensure our community remains a safe and positive environment. Do not post or attach the following:
- Files that require an End User License Agreement
- Confidential Information
- Selling and Advertising posts
- Personal data you do not want publicly available
- Another’s personally identifiable information
- Copyrighted materials without the permission of the copyright owner
Question, Feedback & Ideas
We want to create the best experience and community for you! Let us know what you think, or how we can help improve your community experience by leaving your thoughts and feedback in the Intros and Suggestions Board or email the community team at email@example.com if you have a community related question or issue that cannot be discussed in the community. We are happy to help!
By using these forums, you agree to follow these guidelines as well as the full Terms and Conditions of Site Use and Privacy and Data Policies for the Cloudera Community. We thank you, and your fellow community members for your cooperation.