Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to configure to access web ui (like hue) via ip address instead host name?

Rising Star

I have installed cdh successfully and it runs well.

But there is one problem now: Whenever I open the web ui included in a module, like Hue or HDFS , the link is presented by the host name rather than ip address. Even though I can replace the host name by ip address manually,  it is very uncomfortable. I don't have administrator access to my computer, so editting the local host file is impossible. 

How to solve it? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Hello darouwan,

After reading your post, it was assumed that you only have the issue. In this case, you can have a proxy setup and have an entry in dns server redirect it to the proxy.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Master Guru

@darouwan,

I am not clear on what you links or hostnames you are trying to change.  Can you share a screenshot or two to help us understand?

Thanks!

Rising Star

For example, I have three nodes and change the hosts file as following:

10.0.1.10 master

10.0.1.11 slave1

10.0.1.12 slave2

After installation, if I click the NameNode WEB UI link under HDFS or HUE, the link direct me to address like master:50070. However I want to change this link to 10.0.1.10:50070 in default, since my dev computer doesn't have host info of master.  Even though I can access the HDFS namenode web ui by type 10.0.1.10:50070 manualy,  it is still a little incovenient. 

Expert Contributor

Hello darouwan,

You can create an entry in your /etc/hosts file and map your IP address and hostname. This will help to resolve your query.

Rising Star

Hi ,

I have tried it, however I have no authority to change the hosts file on my computer since the computer is belong to company and I am not an administrator  user. 

Even though I can access the web ui directly by changing local host file, it is still not available for other users. After all I cannot force every user to change his/her local host file. 

Expert Contributor

Hello darouwan,

After reading your post, it was assumed that you only have the issue. In this case, you can have a proxy setup and have an entry in dns server redirect it to the proxy.

Rising Star

Thanks a lot!

It may be a good idea for my issue!

Expert Contributor

You are welcome buddy.

New Contributor

hi~ i am facing the same problem....can u show the steps to slove?