New Contributor

Send alert via e-mail in Oozie

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to configure the alert system in Oozie (via Cloudera Manager) in order to send e-mails. The properties set are:

oozie.email.smtp.host=smtp.****.es
oozie.email.from.address=user@****.es
oozie.email.smtp.auth=true
oozie.email.smtp.username=user
oozie.email.smtp.password=****
oozie.email.smtp.port=25

To test the email configuration, I have created a workflow in Hue adding a 'send_email' step, but I got this error:

2018-05-07 14:36:35,125 WARN org.apache.oozie.command.wf.ActionStartXCommand: SERVER[node2.bigdata.org] USER[afiatc_proces] GROUP[-] TOKEN[] APP[My Workflow] JOB[0000011-180504123441698-oozie-oozi-W] ACTION[0000011-180504123441698-oozie-oozi-W@email-4805] Error starting action [email-4805]. ErrorType [ERROR], ErrorCode [EM007], Message [EM007: Encountered an error while sending the email message over SMTP.]
org.apache.oozie.action.ActionExecutorException: EM007: Encountered an error while sending the email message over SMTP.
	at org.apache.oozie.action.email.EmailActionExecutor.email(EmailActionExecutor.java:297)
	at org.apache.oozie.action.email.EmailActionExecutor.validateAndMail(EmailActionExecutor.java:171)
	at org.apache.oozie.action.email.EmailActionExecutor.start(EmailActionExecutor.java:110)
	at org.apache.oozie.command.wf.ActionStartXCommand.execute(ActionStartXCommand.java:232)
	at org.apache.oozie.command.wf.ActionStartXCommand.execute(ActionStartXCommand.java:63)
	at org.apache.oozie.command.XCommand.call(XCommand.java:286)
	at org.apache.oozie.service.CallableQueueService$CompositeCallable.call(CallableQueueService.java:332)
	at org.apache.oozie.service.CallableQueueService$CompositeCallable.call(CallableQueueService.java:261)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
	at org.apache.oozie.service.CallableQueueService$CallableWrapper.run(CallableQueueService.java:179)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 530 5.7.1 Client was not authenticated

at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.issueSendCommand(SMTPTransport.java:1388)
	at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.mailFrom(SMTPTransport.java:959)
	at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.sendMessage(SMTPTransport.java:583)
	at javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:169)
	at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:98)
	at org.apache.oozie.action.email.EmailActionExecutor.email(EmailActionExecutor.java:293)
	... 12 more

At the begining, I thougth that the problem was related to the network and the e-mail account. For that reason, I installed and configured a Postfix client and created a Java application to make sure that my hypothesis was correct. Doing this test I realized that the configuration was right and I sent an e-mail successfully, so now I do not know which can be the cause of this error.

Anyone had this problem before?

Thanks in advance.

Announcements