Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ambari blueprints deployment and wrong JDK being installed

New Contributor

I'm trying to use a custom JDK with ambari, so I setup the server with ambari-server setup -j <custom_java_home>.

So nothing wrong at that point, the server runs flawlessly.

However, if I try to provision a cluster using blueprints (which doesn't give me a JDK option unlike the manual process), during bootstrap on the agents, a yum install java-openjdk-* is executed at some unknown point...

*Nothing* related is printed to stdout/stderr of the components installation...

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

New Contributor

ok, here's what the problem was.... in the bootstrap process there are some rpm packages being installed that depend on the package 'java'... as I was installing from source no package could provide java and yum would resolve to openjdk...

here's a little chef snipplet that installs the rpm from oracle (you can grab the url from their official distribution):

execute 'downloading java' do
  command <<-EOF
  cd /root && \
  wget --no-cookies --no-check-certificate --header \
  \"Cookie: gpw_e24=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.oracle.com%2F; oraclelicense=accept-securebackup-cookie\" \
  \"#{node['java']['pkg_url']}\"
  EOF
  creates "/root/#{node['java']['pkg_name']}"
end
yum_package 'java' do
  source "/root/#{node['java']['pkg_name']}"
end

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

New Contributor

ok, here's what the problem was.... in the bootstrap process there are some rpm packages being installed that depend on the package 'java'... as I was installing from source no package could provide java and yum would resolve to openjdk...

here's a little chef snipplet that installs the rpm from oracle (you can grab the url from their official distribution):

execute 'downloading java' do
  command <<-EOF
  cd /root && \
  wget --no-cookies --no-check-certificate --header \
  \"Cookie: gpw_e24=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.oracle.com%2F; oraclelicense=accept-securebackup-cookie\" \
  \"#{node['java']['pkg_url']}\"
  EOF
  creates "/root/#{node['java']['pkg_name']}"
end
yum_package 'java' do
  source "/root/#{node['java']['pkg_name']}"
end