Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

CDH 5.14.4 federation and sentry ACL sync issue

Expert Contributor

the platform is : CDH 5.14.4

after setting federation, the hdfs entrypoint is: viewfs://cluster6/ , the back namenode entrypoint is : hdfs://nameservice/ and hdfs://nameservice2/

add new warehouse directory is  /user2/hive/warehouse and managed by nameservice2.

but i found the strange things is  if i create database using hdfs://nameservice2, sentry can sync ACL with hdfs, but if i used viewfs://cluster6/ , sentry can not sync ACL.

for example:

create database test location '/user2/hive/warehouse/test.db'    can not sync ACL

but create database test location 'hdfs://nameservice2/user2/hive/warehouse/test.db' is ok.

who knows why ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

sentry issue list :

Relative URI paths not supported by Sentry

i was going to read the document of sentry , and found this issue. relative URI paths not support . i am not sure, i think viewfs://cluster6 is relative URI, the real path is hdfs://nameservice or hdfs://nameservice2

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Expert Contributor

recently, i was starting to investigate this issue by  debug information, the root cause is sentry didn't add the path to sentry table when using viewfs://clusterX, but sentry did add the path when using hdfs://nameservice or hdfs://nameservice2

the debug information is below:

1. DEBUG org.apache.sentry.service.thrift.NotificationProcessor: HMS Path Update [OP : addPath, authzObj : jlwang18, path : hdfs://nameservice/user/hive/warehouse/jlwang18.db, notification event ID: 103361576]

2.DEBUG org.apache.sentry.service.thrift.NotificationProcessor: HMS Path Update [OP : addPath, authzObj : jlwang17, path : viewfs://cluster6/user/hive/warehouse/jlwang17.db] - nothing to add, notification event ID: 103361563]

but i still don't know why nothing to add when using viewfs://cluster6 . 

Expert Contributor

sentry issue list :

Relative URI paths not supported by Sentry

i was going to read the document of sentry , and found this issue. relative URI paths not support . i am not sure, i think viewfs://cluster6 is relative URI, the real path is hdfs://nameservice or hdfs://nameservice2