Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to connect sqoop with Oracle Database (not mysql)?

Explorer

sqoop-slf4j.png

I am trying to connect sqoop with oracle database in HDP 2.6.4 Sandbox but once I trying to run any command e.g. sqoop help it gives me following error, screenshot is attached. Kindly help me to fix that so that I can make a connection with Oracle Database. If you have any tutorial for Sqoop to Oracle DB (not mysql) that would be great.

I am also having another issue which is attached in 2nd screen shot and that is also relevant to sqoop. Kindly guide me to fix these thanks.sqoop-openjdk.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Abdul Saboor

Try to inncrease memory on your mappers. Take a look at mapreduce.map.memory.mb, mapreduce.reduce.memory.mb, mapreduce.map.java.opts and mapreduce.reduce.java.opts.

In the below example I have sent it to 1GB, please substitute the values according to your environment

sqoop import -D mapreduce.map.memory.mb=1024 -D mapreduce.map.java.opts=-Xmx768m --connect jdbc:oracle:thin:@oradbhost:15xx:DB --table test --username SYSTEM -P -m 1

Revert

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Master Mentor

@Abdul Saboor

Try to inncrease memory on your mappers. Take a look at mapreduce.map.memory.mb, mapreduce.reduce.memory.mb, mapreduce.map.java.opts and mapreduce.reduce.java.opts.

In the below example I have sent it to 1GB, please substitute the values according to your environment

sqoop import -D mapreduce.map.memory.mb=1024 -D mapreduce.map.java.opts=-Xmx768m --connect jdbc:oracle:thin:@oradbhost:15xx:DB --table test --username SYSTEM -P -m 1

Revert

Explorer

Hi Geoffrey,

Thank you for your answer, I got your point and I do that and update you if there is any problem. Thank for your time. Kindly guide me about the first issue - SLF4J, if you have the solution, kindly guide/suggest me because that is more important and I am facing in couple of VMs.

Cheers,

AS

Explorer

Master Mentor

@Abdul Saboor

The warning emitted by Simple Logging Facade for Java (SLF4J) is just that, a warning. Even when multiple bindings are present, SLF4J will pick one logging framework/implementation and bind to it.

Explorer

Thanks Geoffrey, I understand and agree with you. Now I'm trying to execute sqoop command e.g. sqoop list-tables --connect jdbc:oracle:thin:@<IP>:1521/orcl --username system --password oracle, then the same warning appears and could not load driver class. I am taking some guidance from hortonworks community but still unable to fix. Kindly suggest me the appropriate solutions for that. I'll be very grateful to you.

sqoop-error.png