Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Kerberos / Active Directory in the cloud

If I want to configure multiple clusters in public cloud offerings (AWS, Azure, GCP) using Cloudbreak and my on premise cluster is using Kerberos / Active Directory - do I need to have my Kerberos / Active directory servers on premise and have the cloud communicate back and forth? Will the Kerberos/Active Directory credentials be cached in the cloud? If so, which components will hold the cache? Cloudbreak / Ambari?

4526-screen-shot-2016-05-25-at-93927-am.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Since there have been no responses to this question for over a week, I've done research.

Cloud providers have solutions to active directory in their offering:

Azure: Azure Active Directory

AWS: AWS Directory Service

Both cloud providers have a way to sync your on-premise Active Directory with their cloud-based service (Azure Active Directory or AWS Directory Service). These solutions both include Kerberos authentication support.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Since there have been no responses to this question for over a week, I've done research.

Cloud providers have solutions to active directory in their offering:

Azure: Azure Active Directory

AWS: AWS Directory Service

Both cloud providers have a way to sync your on-premise Active Directory with their cloud-based service (Azure Active Directory or AWS Directory Service). These solutions both include Kerberos authentication support.