Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Registration host failed because of ambari-agent package not available

Contributor

I am trying to register a host with my Ambari server. I am using ubuntu, and the version of the server is 2.2.1.0-161

but when trying to register the host, it fails with this error in bootstrap error:

INFO:root:BootStrapping hosts ['salvob2'] using /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_server cluster primary OS: ubuntu16 with user 'root' sshKey File /var/run/ambari-server/bootstrap/1/sshKey password File null using tmp dir /var/run/ambari-server/bootstrap/1 ambari: salvob1; server_port: 8080; ambari version: 2.2.1.0; user_run_as: root
INFO:root:Executing parallel bootstrap
ERROR:root:ERROR: Bootstrap of host salvob2 fails because previous action finished with non-zero exit code (1)
ERROR MESSAGE: Connection to salvob2 closed.

STDOUT: Desired version (2.2.1.0) of ambari-agent package is not available. Repository has following versions of ambari-agent:2.2.1.0,2.2.1.0,

Connection to salvob2 closed.

INFO:root:Finished parallel bootstrap
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

As a quick workaround, you can do a manual registration of ambari-agent. Steps are here

This should let your proceed with ambari-agent registration.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Guru

As a quick workaround, you can do a manual registration of ambari-agent. Steps are here

This should let your proceed with ambari-agent registration.

Contributor

Thank you for the reply. I did some research and it is important to add the right repo.list

This is a "better" guide .

Plus, I was installing ambari in my Lubuntu 16.04 . I was sure it was fully compatible and almost the same with a 14.04 Ubuntu version. But I found out that it fails in registering a host with a "not-recognised os", here the stack error log from /var/log/ambari-agent/ambari-agent.log :

INFO 2016-05-01 01:01:03,673 NetUtil.py:60 - Connecting to https://salvob1:8440/connection_info
INFO 2016-05-01 01:01:04,165 security.py:99 - SSL Connect being called.. connecting to the server
INFO 2016-05-01 01:01:04,792 security.py:60 - SSL connection established. Two-way SSL authentication is turned off on the server.
ERROR 2016-05-01 01:01:05,197 Controller.py:165 - Cannot register host with not supported os type, hostname=salvob2, serverOsType=ubuntu16, agentOsType=ubuntu16
INFO 2016-05-01 01:01:05,199 Controller.py:394 - Registration response from salvob1 was FAILED

I hope Hortonworks add soon, even a small support to this new os

Guru

Yes, ubuntu16 is the problem here. As indicated on the other thread, support for this is going to take some time. Is this a production setup or testing one? If so, you can try with ubuntu14?