Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Sqoop kafka atlas JAAS configuration error

Expert Contributor

I try to import a sql query from RDBMS to hive table. I used these query hundreds times but today I got strange error related Kafka and Atlas.

18/07/06 17:17:49 ERROR security.InMemoryJAASConfiguration: Unable to add JAAS configuration for client [KafkaClient] as it is missing param [atlas.jaas.KafkaClient.loginModuleName]. Skipping JAAS config for [KafkaClient]

org.apache.atlas.notification.NotificationException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: org.apache.kafka.common.errors.TimeoutException: Expiring 1 record(s) for ATLAS_HOOK-0 due to 30078 ms has passed since batch creation plus linger time
        at org.apache.atlas.kafka.KafkaNotification.sendInternalToProducer(KafkaNotification.java:239)
        at org.apache.atlas.kafka.KafkaNotification.sendInternal(KafkaNotification.java:212)
        at org.apache.atlas.notification.AbstractNotification.send(AbstractNotification.java:114)
        at org.apache.atlas.hook.AtlasHook.notifyEntitiesInternal(AtlasHook.java:143)
        at org.apache.atlas.hook.AtlasHook.notifyEntities(AtlasHook.java:128)
        at org.apache.atlas.sqoop.hook.SqoopHook.publish(SqoopHook.java:190)
        at org.apache.atlas.sqoop.hook.SqoopHook.publish(SqoopHook.java:51)
        at org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.PublishJobData.publishJobData(PublishJobData.java:52)
        at org.apache.sqoop.mapreduce.ImportJobBase.runImport(ImportJobBase.java:284)
        at org.apache.sqoop.manager.SqlManager.importQuery(SqlManager.java:748)
        at org.apache.sqoop.tool.ImportTool.importTable(ImportTool.java:509)
        at org.apache.sqoop.tool.ImportTool.run(ImportTool.java:615)
        at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.run(Sqoop.java:147)
        at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:76)
        at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.runSqoop(Sqoop.java:183)
        at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.runTool(Sqoop.java:225)
        at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.runTool(Sqoop.java:234)
        at org.apache.sqoop.Sqoop.main(Sqoop.java:243)
Caused by: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: org.apache.kafka.common.errors.TimeoutException: Expiring 1 record(s) for ATLAS_HOOK-0 due to 30078 ms has passed since batch creation plus linger time
        at org.apache.kafka.clients.producer.internals.FutureRecordMetadata.valueOrError(FutureRecordMetadata.java:65)
        at org.apache.kafka.clients.producer.internals.FutureRecordMetadata.get(FutureRecordMetadata.java:52)
        at org.apache.kafka.clients.producer.internals.FutureRecordMetadata.get(FutureRecordMetadata.java:25)
        at org.apache.atlas.kafka.KafkaNotification.sendInternalToProducer(KafkaNotification.java:230)
        ... 17 more

Despite this error sometimes sqoop works, sometimes doesn't. When doesn't, it creates table but empty.

12 REPLIES 12

Hi @Erkan ŞİRİN!
I'm not used to Atlas, but does your keytab has an expiry date? Check if you can use the keytabs for Atlas/Kafka.
Also, check this link
http://www.hadoopadmin.co.in/tag/error-security-inmemoryjaasconfiguration-unable-to-add-jaas-configu...

Hope this helps!

Expert Contributor

Thank you @Vinicius Higa Murakami . I don't use kerberos I think the issue doesn't related with keytab. As for the link I applied

atlas.jaas.KafkaClient.option.renewTicket=false

atlas.jaas.KafkaClient.option.useTicketCache=false

but didn't work.

I couldn't apply Option 2: Login to ambari server and remove both parameters by running the below commands

because it was sayin don't use configs.sh instead use configs.py

But I couldn't either apply configs.py

Hi @Erkan ŞİRİN!
Hm gotcha! Just asking, but do you also have the property atlas.authentication.method.kerberos=False on atlas-application.properties?
Do you have anything else on the logs (sqoop,kafka/atlas)?
And when sqoop works do you still see the same ERROR from InMemoryJAASConfiguration?

PS: I was taking a look at the code, and you're hitting this msg https://github.com/apache/atlas/blob/master/intg/src/main/java/org/apache/atlas/security/InMemoryJAA...
There's a lot of DEBUG trace there, if we don't get any progress with the other logs, you can try to raise the level of the logs, to get a better trace of what's happening 🙂
Hope this helps!

Expert Contributor

Thanks @Vinicius Higa Murakami . I will check it when I get back work on Monday.

New Contributor

what are the steps to reproduce this error ?

@Erkan ŞİRİN

If you are not using kerberos and seeing this error. Do check if you have below properties in sqoop-atlas-application.properties

atlas.jaas.KafkaClient.option.renewTicket

atlas.jaas.KafkaClient.option.useTicketCache

If they are present, delete them using below commands on ambari-server machine.

/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/scripts/configs.sh -u admin -p <password> delete localhost <cluster> sqoop-atlas-application.properties atlas.jaas.KafkaClient.option.renewTicket 

/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/scripts/configs.sh -u admin -p <password> delete localhost <cluster> sqoop-atlas-application.properties atlas.jaas.KafkaClient.option.useTicketCache

P.S if you are using new version of ambari use configs.py instead of configs.sh

Let me know if this helps.

after reading above comments, realised that you already tried running configs.py. What is the error you got when using configs.py

Expert Contributor

Hi @Sandeep Nemuri I can't determine the parameters to use configs.py

@Erkan ŞİRİN

Here you go.

/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/scripts/configs.py --action=delete --host=<ambarihost> --cluster=<clustername> --config-type=sqoop-atlas-application.properties --user admin --password admin --key=atlas.jaas.KafkaClient.option.renewTicket

/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/scripts/configs.py --action=delete --host=<ambarihost> --cluster=<clustername> --config-type=sqoop-atlas-application.properties --user admin --password admin --key=atlas.jaas.KafkaClient.option.useTicketCache