Community Articles

Find and share helpful community-sourced technical articles.
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!
Contributor

CEM

What is Cloudera Edge Management (CEM)?
Refer to What is Cloudera Edge Management.

There is no compatibility matrix between CEM and HDF because these are independent products and MiNiFi agents from CEM will be perfectly fine to send data into HDF/NiFi, if they need to.

SMM

From Install or Upgrade Ambari, HDF, and HDP document, we can see that the rge cluster must be managed by Ambari 2.7.x. It can be an HDF 3.3.x, 3.4.0 or 3.4.1.1 cluster, or an HDP 3.1 or 3.1.1 cluster.

And in Set up DP Platform document, you can see that before installing Streams Messaging Manager, you must first install or upgrade to DataPlane Platform 1.2.x

My understanding is: SMM is based on Dataplane Platform, so if you installed the latest Dataplane Platform, there is no way you cannot install the latest SMM. So, I believe DPS (DataPlane Platform) 1.3.1 or 1.3.0 and SMM 2.0.0 are compatible.

Actually, if you look at Installing DataPlane document, it looks to me the DataPlane Platform is based on Ambari 2.6 or 2.7, so theoretically, any HDF/HDP that is supported by Ambari 2.6 and 2.7 is also compatible with DPS.

Also, look at this document: Streams Messaging Manager installation steps

If you are installing SMM as a new component on an existing Ambari 2.7.5 managed cluster with HDP 3.1.5 and/or HDF 3.5.x, then file a support case in the Cloudera portal to get the correct version of SMM.

So it looks to me, SMM is compatible with Ambari 2.7.5 and HDF 3.5.x.

Hope this would answer your question.

0 Kudos