Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cloudera applications Compatibility on the IBM Power System

New Contributor

Hello

Can we install the below Cloudera applications on the IBM Power System with RHEL 7.x or 8.x OS?

1) Spark Streaming

2) Sqoop

3) Nifi

4) Impala

Best regards

Kannan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Collaborator

Update, as promised, NiFi on IBM Power System is not currently supported. The legacy HDF product does support it, so there is possibility to use NiFi. Worth a chat with your account team.

If this answers all of your questions. Please accept answer as a solution.

Regards,

Alex

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Master Collaborator

Hello @subrkann ,

As of CDP Private Cloud Base release 7.1.6, IBM PPC hardware is supported with RHEL 7.9. However, Impala is not supported on IBM Power System at this time (see here for that exception, under 7.1.4 table). In the future CDP Private Cloud Base will support Impala as well, but I can't provide a timeline for that.

Hope this clarifies things.

Regards,

Alex

New Contributor

Thank you, @aakulov 

So does CDP Private Cloud Base release 7.1.6 supports the below applications on the IBM Power System (ppc64) except Impala?

1) Spark Streaming

2) Sqoop

3) Nifi

I do not see IBM PowerPC on RHEL in "Table 1. Supported operating systems for 7.1.6". 

I can see IBM PowerPC on RHEL in "Table 3. Supported operating systems for 7.1.4" and they listed Impala is not supported along with other three components, but Cloudera did not specify if the Spark Streaming, Sqoop, and Nifi are supported. How do I know the list of supported components with 7.1.4 in IBM PowerPC on RHEL?

So please advise if the Spark Streaming, Sqoop, and Nifi components are supported in IBM PowerPC on RHEL with 7.1.4 or higher.

Best regards

Kannan

Master Collaborator

Hi @subrkann 

Short answer is this:

Spark (including Streaming) on IBM PowerPCYes. Part of CDP Base cluster. 
Sqoop on IBM PowerPC. Yes. Part of CDP Base cluster.
Impala on IBM PowerPC.Not supported.
NiFi on IBM PowerPC(will get back to you on this)

Also CDP 7.1.6 runtime also includes Power Systems support. All future releases will too. The 7.1.4 release is when the support was first added to the product.

Hope that helps,

Alex

Master Collaborator

Update, as promised, NiFi on IBM Power System is not currently supported. The legacy HDF product does support it, so there is possibility to use NiFi. Worth a chat with your account team.

If this answers all of your questions. Please accept answer as a solution.

Regards,

Alex