Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Connecting to NiFi Registry Locally

How do you connect to a CDP Data Hub NiFi Registry from a local machine?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Collaborator

Hello @jacektrocinski 

I understand you want to connect to a  CDP Data Hub NiFi Registry from a local machine?

- To connect NiFi to a Registry, select Controller Settings from the Global Menu.

- This displays the NiFi Settings window. Select the Registry Clients tab and click the + button in the upper-right corner to register a new Registry client.

- In the Add Registry Client window, provide a name and URL.

- Click "Add" to complete the registration.

You can refer to : https://docs.cloudera.com/cdf-datahub/7.2.8/nifi-user-guide/topics/nifi-connecting-to-nifi-registry.... 

Thanks,

Azhar 

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Master Collaborator

Hello @jacektrocinski 

I understand you want to connect to a  CDP Data Hub NiFi Registry from a local machine?

- To connect NiFi to a Registry, select Controller Settings from the Global Menu.

- This displays the NiFi Settings window. Select the Registry Clients tab and click the + button in the upper-right corner to register a new Registry client.

- In the Add Registry Client window, provide a name and URL.

- Click "Add" to complete the registration.

You can refer to : https://docs.cloudera.com/cdf-datahub/7.2.8/nifi-user-guide/topics/nifi-connecting-to-nifi-registry.... 

Thanks,

Azhar 

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.

Hi @Azhar_Shaikh 

Yes, I would like to connect to a CDP Data Hub NiFi Registry from a local machine.

I get the following error when trying to connect to the CDP Data Hub NiFi Registry:

ErrorError

@Azhar_Shaikh 

I realized I had the wrong NiFi Registry URL.

I am now getting the following error:

ErrorError

Do I need to setup security credentials or certificates somewhere?

How can I do that?

Master Collaborator

Hello @jacektrocinski 

I see there is a similar discussion here:
https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Support-Questions/Getting-Unable-to-obtain-listing-of-buckets-org-...

Thanks,

Azhar 

The linked thread is a walkthrough on how to secure a NiFi Registry instance locally.

I’m looking for instructions on how to connect to a secure NiFi Registry deployed on CDP Data Hub.

I’m running on AWS infrastructure.

The Data Hub is deployed using default settings and resides in a private subnet.

Community Manager

@jacektrocinski Has the reply helped resolve your issue? If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the solution, as it will make it easier for others to find the answer in the future. Thanks!

Regards,

Diana Torres,
Community Moderator

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

The issue has not been resolved.

I’m looking for instructions on how to connect to a NiFi Registry running on CDP Data Hub.

In my case the CDP infrastructure is running on AWS.