Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Data sharing with my clients - Shared Data Experience (SDX)

New Contributor

Hello,

I have a question about Cloudera Data Platform and SDX :

• Is data sharing available accros my company only?
  • If I want to share a specific file or a specific table in my datawarehouse with my client outside my company (who has his own account in Cloudera), is it possible?

Regards,
Mohamed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Hello @mohamed_t 

Thanks for using Cloudera Community. SDX would allow your Team to operation with an Environment Scope. An Environment is similar to a realm, within which Customer would operate. Additional details on Environment is available here. Customer can create as many as Environment as possible. Within an Environment, Customer can have any number of Cluster (Traditional Based) & Experience (Kubernetes Based). These Clusters & Experiences uses the same SDX. Check out Link for a tour of SDX.

To your queries, SDX deals with Security, Metadata & Goverance without dealing with actual Customer's data. Your queries deals sharing data, which isn't SDX role. Rather, SDX deals with deciding who can access the data within the CDP Environment. Using Ranger, Customer can allow any CDP Workload User to access any data using their Workload Password/AccessKeys etc. All details around User Management is covered in Link.

Finally, I would strongly urge your team to review CDP Product Tour & if interested, Start a conversation with Cloudera's amazing Sales/Field team. They can quickly understand your Customer's requirement & share details into our Product, which fits right into your Customer's Use-Case.

Regards, Smarak

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Super Collaborator

Hello @mohamed_t 

Thanks for using Cloudera Community. SDX would allow your Team to operation with an Environment Scope. An Environment is similar to a realm, within which Customer would operate. Additional details on Environment is available here. Customer can create as many as Environment as possible. Within an Environment, Customer can have any number of Cluster (Traditional Based) & Experience (Kubernetes Based). These Clusters & Experiences uses the same SDX. Check out Link for a tour of SDX.

To your queries, SDX deals with Security, Metadata & Goverance without dealing with actual Customer's data. Your queries deals sharing data, which isn't SDX role. Rather, SDX deals with deciding who can access the data within the CDP Environment. Using Ranger, Customer can allow any CDP Workload User to access any data using their Workload Password/AccessKeys etc. All details around User Management is covered in Link.

Finally, I would strongly urge your team to review CDP Product Tour & if interested, Start a conversation with Cloudera's amazing Sales/Field team. They can quickly understand your Customer's requirement & share details into our Product, which fits right into your Customer's Use-Case.

Regards, Smarak

Super Collaborator

Hello @mohamed_t 

Kindly review & let us know if you have reviewed our Post dated 2022-11-07 & have any further queries concerning the queries around SDX. 

Regards, Smarak

Super Collaborator

Hello @mohamed_t 

We hope your Q concerning SDX has been answered. We are marking the Post as Solved. Assuming you have any further ask, Feel free to Update the Post & we shall get back to you accordingly.

Regards, Smarak