Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Hot to subscribe CDH 6.3.2 express

New Contributor

Hi Everybody,

I'm attempting to download and use for evaluation CDH 6.3.2.

Gathering information I see that is possible to use it without any license using Cloudera express edition. The point is that if I attempt to downloade it I need username and password that I need to generate after a valid subscription is performed.  Can somebody confirm me how to proceed? is it possible that to download a license free version I need anyway to contact the sales Team.

kind Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Vallanon 

Cloudera Express was discontinued over a year ago now, please see the announcement here: Cloudera Enterprise 6.3.3 Released

…scroll down to the subsection Important Note About Cloudera Express. The most pertinent sentence is this one:

Beginning with release 6.3.3, Cloudera Express has been discontinued and is no longer available.

Some folks interpreted the first part of that sentence to mean that versions of CDH prior to 6.3.3 (such as 6.3.2) would be safe to download with no subscription agreement going forward. The most important part is the last bit, is no longer available.

As you seem to be aware, this past February, Cloudera clarified (or changed, if you prefer) the download location and only made CDH, including versions prior to 6.3.3, only available from a private repository. Please see the announcement here: Transition to private repositories for CDH, HDP and HDF. This announcement effectively superseded the February 2020 announcement.

If you want to attempt to obtain a Cloudera Subscription, you are welcome to contact the Cloudera Sales Team to find out more about subscription options, but If you're honestly just looking to evaluate a data platform, you can currently do so without an existing valid Cloudera subscription by downloading and installing the Trial Version of CDP Private Cloud Base Edition of Cloudera Data Platform, which is much more up-to-date and complete than CDH 6.3.2.

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Vallanon 

Cloudera Express was discontinued over a year ago now, please see the announcement here: Cloudera Enterprise 6.3.3 Released

…scroll down to the subsection Important Note About Cloudera Express. The most pertinent sentence is this one:

Beginning with release 6.3.3, Cloudera Express has been discontinued and is no longer available.

Some folks interpreted the first part of that sentence to mean that versions of CDH prior to 6.3.3 (such as 6.3.2) would be safe to download with no subscription agreement going forward. The most important part is the last bit, is no longer available.

As you seem to be aware, this past February, Cloudera clarified (or changed, if you prefer) the download location and only made CDH, including versions prior to 6.3.3, only available from a private repository. Please see the announcement here: Transition to private repositories for CDH, HDP and HDF. This announcement effectively superseded the February 2020 announcement.

If you want to attempt to obtain a Cloudera Subscription, you are welcome to contact the Cloudera Sales Team to find out more about subscription options, but If you're honestly just looking to evaluate a data platform, you can currently do so without an existing valid Cloudera subscription by downloading and installing the Trial Version of CDP Private Cloud Base Edition of Cloudera Data Platform, which is much more up-to-date and complete than CDH 6.3.2.

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.

New Contributor

Good Morning,

Thanks for the answer , now is clear.

My problem is that while I was writing this question I was also contacting Cloudera Sales team, and not just me , but we didn't get any answer even If I attempted again last week too.

can you gently confirm which communication channel should I use? Actually we would like to have a clear pivtures of our possibilities so I guess an interaction with the sale team is the best option.

Kidn Regards

Valerio Marcelli

@Vallanon

You can always contact the Cloudera Sales Team via this web page to find out more about your subscription options.

I obviously don't know what you said or wrote when you contacted them in May, and I have not heard anything from anyone in Cloudera Sales regarding your inquiry, but if you indicated you were just looking for data platform software to "download and use for evaluation", then I am guessing that the person in sales who took up your request concluded that you would not need assistance since Cloudera's standard response to evaluation requests, the Trial Version of CDP Private Cloud Base Edition of Cloudera Data Platform, is available for download without any assistance from Cloudera Sales.