Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Is it mandatory to disable yarn ats hbase when we do hdfs or yarn HA

Explorer

I am building a 4 node machine and i want to enable hdfs and rm HA. The hdp version is 3.1.0 and has the yarn ats-hbase app always running. 

I wanted to know is it mandatory to destroy the app as mentioned https://docs.cloudera.com/HDPDocuments/HDP3/HDP-3.0.1/data-operating-system/content/remove_ats_hbase... before enabling HA?

Thanks a lot for your help in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Cloudera Employee

@ShaatH Yes, it is mandatory to disable yarn ats hbase as described in the document.

It will only stop and destroys the saved config of ats-hbase but your actual data will be present.

We are destroying the ats-hbase because of the old non-HA or non-secure configuration, destroy will remove the old configuration so that after enabling the HA, ats-hbase can pick up the right and latest configs.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Explorer

@cjervis Anyone who can help me out here?

Cloudera Employee

@ShaatH Yes, it is mandatory to disable yarn ats hbase as described in the document.

It will only stop and destroys the saved config of ats-hbase but your actual data will be present.

We are destroying the ats-hbase because of the old non-HA or non-secure configuration, destroy will remove the old configuration so that after enabling the HA, ats-hbase can pick up the right and latest configs.