Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

NiFi MergeRecord Processor throwing "Field Eccentricity Cannot Be Null" Error

Explorer

Does anyone know what the error in the subject line of this message means?  I am using SplitRecord processor, checking for duplicate records (removed for testing), then trying to use MergeRecord to put all the splits back into one file, but MergeRecord fails with "Field Eccentricity Cannot Be Null" Error.  I have not found information on the meaning of this error.

Thanks in advance if you know.

field eccentricity cannot be null.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

Ignore, I figured it out.  Hate to say it, but I am working with the UCS satellite database as input - it has 36 fields - Eccentricity is one of the fields.  I forgot to add a default value for this field for handling nulls.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Explorer

I created a small input file that produces 9 splits.  In each split, none of the fields contained a null value, so nulls are not the problem as someone in StackOverflow suggested.  MergeRecord still threw the error when it tried to merge the 9 records.

Explorer

Ignore, I figured it out.  Hate to say it, but I am working with the UCS satellite database as input - it has 36 fields - Eccentricity is one of the fields.  I forgot to add a default value for this field for handling nulls.