Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Should I tick on the "Redeploy Client Configuration" every time I "restart stale service"?

Contributor

When I make some changes to some service configurations, Cloudera asks me to "restart stale service". And there is a window pop-up asking me should I "Redeploy Client Configuration" too like below:

quangbilly79_0-1684309613785.png

The default option is No (not tick), so does this mean this is optional? When should I tick this? Since if I tick this, it will take a long time to restart everything, even I only make a small change. I wonder if is it necessary.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

@quangbilly79 This depends on the change you are making. if you have made changes to the client configurations such as modifying connection properties, or updating authentication settings, selecting "Redeploy Client Configuration" can be beneficial.

If you have made only service-level config changes, you can choose to avoid Redeploying the Client config so that only the specific services that received a change will be restarted.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Super Collaborator

@quangbilly79 This depends on the change you are making. if you have made changes to the client configurations such as modifying connection properties, or updating authentication settings, selecting "Redeploy Client Configuration" can be beneficial.

If you have made only service-level config changes, you can choose to avoid Redeploying the Client config so that only the specific services that received a change will be restarted.

Contributor

Turn out there will be two icons if you need to "redeploy client conf"

If the blue icon below appears, means you have to tick the "redeploy client conf" button to restart the whole cluster

quangbilly79_0-1684378574065.png

If only this orange icon appears, mean you don't need to do that

quangbilly79_1-1684378644262.png