Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

failed to execute distcp over cross-realm ambari hdp 3.1 clusters.

Contributor

hi,

I've two clusters running on hdp 3.1, both consists of single node and kerbeorized as well. I am trying to send a single file using distcp but failed.

got error(pictures attached)

109001-e1.jpg

108973-e2.jpg

even unable to list hdfs directories of other cluster on either of the cluster.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Muhammad waqas

The Kerberos ticket error is due to lack of configuration for cross REALM authentication, this is what you need to do to successfully copy files between 2 REALM.

Kerberos cross-realm trust for distcp

Following diligently the steps mentioned here.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Master Mentor

@Muhammad waqas

The Kerberos ticket error is due to lack of configuration for cross REALM authentication, this is what you need to do to successfully copy files between 2 REALM.

Kerberos cross-realm trust for distcp

Following diligently the steps mentioned here.

Contributor

thanks Geoffrey

I'm able to send data from one cluster to other but not in reverse direcion (showing error same as mentioned above)and second thing whenever i add capaths in /etc/krb5.conf file, it's start showing error.

Please help me to figure it out too.
thanks again.

The above was originally posted in the Community Help Track. On Wed May 29 18:31 UTC 2019, a member of the HCC moderation staff moved it to the Security track. The Community Help Track is intended for questions about using the HCC site itself.

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.