Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to deploy CDH6 with K8S

New Contributor

I come from a communication equipment company and we are using data services from cloud vendors. We mainly use services such as HDFS, Yarn, Hive, Spark, etc. Due to certain specific reasons, some cloud vendors do not provide EMR services in some regions, so we are now planning to deploy CDH6 cluster with K8S.  As we know Hadoop and K8S are two different things, I want to know is it possible to deploy CDH on K8S? Is there any tutorials or best practices? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Collaborator

@bowen I am obliged to you for bringing this in our community.

I am writing this as soon as I could.
Did you get help on this? If not, Please follow my update:

-----------------------------------------

Since this request is made on the legacy Cloudera Lineup - CDH6.x, Before we go about the architectural advisory I regret to inform you that CDH6.x is announced to be EoS(End-Of-Support) in March 2022.

As a part of this, All associated organizations using Cloudera legacy products such as CDH had received the following announcement directly.

You can find our official Customer Advisory[0a] of the announcement that Cloudera Enterprise 6 reached EoS in March 2022:

[0a]
Cloudera Customer Advisory-475, 499, 511: End of Support for Cloudera Products (CDH/CM 6.x & HDP 3.x...

[0b]
Cloudera Support lifecycle policy

Additionally, To answer you on the Architectural aspects, Yes, CDP deployment on K8s is possible. however, You will want to make use of our CDP line-up(that can be deployed on the Openshift Kubernetes on-prem[0c], Or you may follow[0d] for other available Public Cloud platforms).

[0c]
CDP Private Cloud Base for on-premises, is able to be deployed on OpenShift platform.  
https://docs.cloudera.com/cdp-private-cloud-data-services/1.5.3/overview/topics/cdppvc-ds-deployment...

[0d]
Whereas in CDP Public Cloud, We can make use of AWS, Azure, or GCP that is fully-Kubernetes-deployed on the respective cloud-native platforms.   
It is also worth mentioning that CDP features achieving Hybrid-Cloud/Multi-Cloud architecture.
https://docs.cloudera.com/cdp/latest/overview/topics/cdp-overview.html

Since you are interested in knowing architectural aspects and this forum is mostly related to technical questions on using Cloudera Lineup, I highly recommend you discussing potential partnership with our Sales Executives.

https://www.cloudera.com/contact-sales.html

If you still need help, Please feel free to update this thread, so I can have our team approach you on your behalf.

I hope this helps.

If this answers your question, You may mark this answer as Accept as Solution.
You can also say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Community Manager

@bowen Welcome to our community! To help you get the best possible answer, I have tagged our experts @vaishaakb @PrathapKumar  who may be able to assist you further.

Please feel free to provide any additional information or details about your query, and we hope that you will find a satisfactory solution to your question.

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

New Contributor

thanks  @VidyaSargur , if you@vaishaakb @PrathapKumar  have any idea or documents can provide , please let me know. 😊

Master Collaborator

@bowen I am obliged to you for bringing this in our community.

I am writing this as soon as I could.
Did you get help on this? If not, Please follow my update:

Since this request is made on the legacy Cloudera Lineup - CDH6.x, Before we go about the architectural advisory I regret to inform you that CDH6.x is announced to be EoS(End-Of-Support) in March 2022.

As a part of this, All associated organizations using Cloudera legacy products such as CDH had received the following announcement directly.

You can find our official Customer Advisory[0a] of the announcement that Cloudera Enterprise 6 reached EoS in March 2022:

[0a]
Cloudera Customer Advisory-475, 499, 511: End of Support for Cloudera Products (CDH/CM 6.x & HDP 3.x...

[0b]
Cloudera Support lifecycle policy

Additionally, To answer you on the Architectural aspects, Yes, CDP deployment on K8s is possible. however, You will want to make use of our CDP line-up(that can be deployed on the Openshift Kubernetes on-prem[0c], Or you may follow[0d] for other available Public Cloud platforms).

[0c]
CDP Private Cloud Base for on-premises, is able to be deployed on OpenShift platform.  
https://docs.cloudera.com/cdp-private-cloud-data-services/1.5.3/overview/topics/cdppvc-ds-deployment...

[0d]
Whereas in CDP Public Cloud, We can make use of AWS, Azure, or GCP that is fully-Kubernetes-deployed on the respective cloud-native platforms.   
It is also worth mentioning that CDP features achieving Hybrid-Cloud/Multi-Cloud architecture.
https://docs.cloudera.com/cdp/latest/overview/topics/cdp-overview.html

Since you are interested in knowing architectural aspects and this forum is mostly related to technical questions on using Cloudera Lineup, I highly recommend you discussing potential partnership with our Sales Executives.

https://www.cloudera.com/contact-sales.html

If you still need help, Please feel free to update this thread, so I can have our team approach you on your behalf.

I hope this helps.

If this answers your question, You may mark this answer as Accept as Solution.
You can also say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Community Manager

@bowen, Did the response assist in resolving your query? If it did, kindly mark the relevant reply as the solution, as it will aid others in locating the answer more easily in the future.

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community: