Community Articles

Find and share helpful community-sourced technical articles.
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!
Labels (1)

Issue:

Nodemanager log:

FATAL nodemanager.NodeManager (NodeManager.java:initAndStartNodeManager(540)) - Error starting NodeManager java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Could not load library. Reasons: [no leveldbjni64-1.6.0.2.4.0.0-169 in java.library.path, no leveldbjni-1.6.0.2.4.0.0-169 in java.library.path, no leveldbjni in java.library.path, No such file or directory] 

Resolution:

a) If you are using Ambari, by default the library files reported as missing in the above error should be present under /var/lib/ambari-agent/tmp/hadoop_java_io_tmpdir

You can find this location by running "ps -ef | grep -i nodemanager" on any of the hosts in the cluster where nodemanager runs successfully and look for this property "-Djava.io.tmpdir"

If you have a different location other than the default then make sure the library files are present in that location or copy from another hosts.

b) You can also check to remove noexec from /tmp as below and then start node manager via ambari

cat /etc/fstab
mount -o remount,exec /tmp 
0 Kudos
Comments
Explorer

Hi, 

I have reviewed the execution permissions of the temporary directories.

• /tmp
  • /var/tmp
  • /var/lib/ambari-agent/tmp/

The java.library.path files were also copied.

The NodeManager service runs with the root user but with the user yarn I have the following message:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Could not load library. Reasons: [no leveldbjni64-1.8 in java.library.path, no leveldbjni-1.8 in java.library.path, no leveldbjni in java.library.path, Permission denied]

Maybe, another sugestion?

Hi @san_t_o

Just looking at the error message you've posted, it doesn't appear that this community article is particularly germane to your problem. You would have a better chance of receiving a satisfactory resolution by posting a new question in the questions area. This will also provide the opportunity to provide details specific to your environment that could aid other members in providing a more tailored answer to your issue.