Community Articles

Find and share helpful community-sourced technical articles.
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!
Labels (1)

Problem

Interpreters do not work through zeppelin with no internet access.

Checking out /usr/hdp/current/zeppelin-server/local-repo - the folder is empty or contains “org” folder with no jars

Running hive through Zeppelin returns

%jdbc(hive)
show tables; 

org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveDriver class java.lang.ClassNotFoundException

Solution

The permanent solution is currently planned to be delivered in HDP 2.6. Here is a workaround to follow:

a) I have tarred /usr/hdp/current/zeppelin-server/local-repo into zeppelin-local-repo.tar.gz and located on https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-YVWxQz56HubWhUdEdVWGZ1Mms?usp=sharing. As this is my google drive I can allow you to access it after receiving the request from you

b) download the file into /tmp/zeppelin folder

c) extract it - this should created local-repo folder. So, you will get /tmp/zeppelin/local-repo with all the subfolders in it

d) copy the content of /tmp/zeppelin/local-repo into /usr/hdp/current/zeppelin-server/local-repo

e) change the owner of local-repo and all its folders/file to zeppelin:hadoop (or zeppelin:hdfs <- whatever the GROUP you have)

f) change the permissions local-repo and all its folders/file to 755

g) restart Zeppelin service

NOTE: step a) is something you can do yourself. Just install the environment on a temporary machine with internet access and get the content of /usr/hdp/current/zeppelin-server/local-repo from there.

Comments
New Contributor

Could you accept my request for downloading the

zeppelin-local-repo.tar.gz