New Contributor

CCP Data Engineer (DE575) Exam Details

I am thinking of appearing for CCP Data Engineer (DE575) Exam. I would like to know some information regarding it. Following are my questions,

1. Under which host environment machine will the exam be held? (Windows/Quickstart VM)
  2. Will there be any short break in between the exam? If yes, the duration of short break.
  3. My laptop has 8GB RAM and Intel 4th Gen Core i5 Processor(4200U), and I have assigned 4306MB of RAM and 2 Cores of CPU to Quickstart VM. Will that be sufficient to take an exam?
  4. When will the result be declared?
  5. What should I do, if my system crashes during the exam? Will I be allowed to retake an exam?

Please do respond. Thanks in advance.

Kudos: 97
Solutions: 49

Re: CCP Data Engineer (DE575) Exam Details

@mahikrrish I saw your comment on another thread and will ask the certification team, who can also be reached out to via email certification@cloudera.com. Here is what I do know.

Under which host environment machine will the exam be held? (Windows/Quickstart VM) 

From the certification pageEach user is given their own CDH cluster (currently 5.10.1) cluster pre-loaded with Spark, Impala, Crunch, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Kafka, Flume, Kite, Hue, Oozie, DataFu, and many others (See a full list).

I'm pretty sure it is a hosted cluster but will double check to be certain. 

Will there be any short break in between the exam? If yes, the duration of short break.

From the certification FAQ pageYou may not take a break or leave the webcam view for any reason during your exam. There is an exception for CCP exams lasting longer than 2 hoursI will need to ask about the length of the break.

My laptop has 8GB RAM and Intel 4th Gen Core i5 Processor(4200U), and I have assigned 4306MB of RAM and 2 Cores of CPU to Quickstart VM. Will that be sufficient to take an exam?

Checking on this one as well.

When will the result be declared?

From the certification FAQA score report will be emailed to you after you take the exam. Typically you will get this within a few hours of taking the exam. The score report will have a Pass/Fail for the entire exam as well as for each problem. For each problem that you have failed, you will be told which output requirement you did not complete. If you have passed the exam, you will receive your digital certificate three days after taking the exam.

What should I do, if my system crashes during the exam? Will I be allowed to retake an exam?

I think this one is covered under the loss of connectivity question on the certification FAQIt is the sole responsibility of the test taker to maintain connectivity throughout the exam session. If connectivity is lost, for any reason, it is the responsibility of the test taker to reconnect and finish the exam within the scheduled time slot. No refunds or retakes will be given. Unfinished or abandoned exam sessions will be scored as a fail. If you are disconnected, reconnect and follow the proctor’s instructions (including resharing your desktop).

Cy Jervis, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you for replying @cjervis From your reply of 1st question, does "hosted cluster" mean that I will be taking an exam in cloud? Because number of nodes in Quickstart VM is 1 (from my best knowledge), and it is 7 in exam. And, how many questions do I need to answer correctly in order to pass certification?

And please do find out about above questions too, and please let me know about unanswered questions as well.

I shall be waiting for your response.

Highlighted

Here is what I have learned.

The exam is on a cloud hosted multi-node cluster. The passing grade is 70% with harder or longer questions possibly having more points assigned than easier or shorter ones and partial credit is possible during grading. DE575 is a 4 hour exam, so you can schedule a break with the proctor but they didn't advise exactly how long. Since you are taking an exam I would think the break would not be very long but cannot confirm. 

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cjervisAs you have mentioned that partial grading is applicable, will I be able to know how much did I score after the completion of every question, rather than letting myself know at the end of exam?

From the certifications FAQ page: 

When will I get my results?

A score report will be emailed to you after you take the exam. Typically you will get this within a few hours of taking the exam. The score report will have a Pass/Fail for the entire exam as well as for each problem. For each problem that you have failed, you will be told which output requirement you did not complete. If you have passed the exam, you will receive your digital certificate three days after taking the exam.

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

Announcements