I am quite new to Hadoop environment. Can experts please help with the below queries :
Things done until now :
1. I have Cloudera Hadoop running on AWS (ubuntu 14).
2. Have successfully installed Cloudera manager and a cluster is also created. The web link for CM and HUE are functioning good.
3. Have loaded csv files on HDFS and created hive tables ( as per guidance provided by experts here in this forum).
4. I am able to access these tables from Impala and create some simple graphs.
1. we are using a reporting tool called BIRST. I would like to connect BIRST to the Hadoop environment.
Should I directly connect to Hive and access the tables created in Hive.
2. Should I use JDBC connectivity.
3. In BIRST for JDBC connectivity, I need the driver name and connection string. I am not able to find the connection details in the cloudera manager for Hive. Is there any pre-requisities required.
The issue is resolved. Used JDBC and was able to successfully establish connection to Hive.
Sharing a below useful link. you can use it as reference.
View solution in original post