Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Add and start a new flume agent on a host without restart whole flume service

Solved Go to solution
Highlighted

Add and start a new flume agent on a host without restart whole flume service

Expert Contributor

I use ambari and HDP.

Recently,I use flume,but I found that:

I had add a agent on flume,and it started,when I want add a new flume agent ,the config of new flume agent not appreaed on the configure,I had to restart the whole flume service.

Is there a way to add and start the new flume without restart all the flume service ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Add and start a new flume agent on a host without restart whole flume service

Super Mentor

@darkz yu

Can you try to start the newly added flume agent using the Ambari APIs?

Example:

curl -u admin:admin -H "X-Requested-By: ambari" -d '{"RequestInfo":{"context":"Starting Flume agent","flume_handler":"agent","operation_level": {"level":"HOST_COMPONENT","cluster_name":"Cluster","service_name":"FLUME","host_name":"${hostname_of_new_flume_agent}"}},"Body":{"HostRoles":{"state":"STARTED"}}}' -X PUT "http://${AMBARI_HOST}:8080/api/v1/clusters/${CLUSTER_NAME}/hosts/${hostname_of_new_flume_agent}/host_components/FLUME_HANDLER"

Please replace the values present inside the ${} according to your environment.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Add and start a new flume agent on a host without restart whole flume service

Super Mentor

@darkz yu

Can you try to start the newly added flume agent using the Ambari APIs?

Example:

curl -u admin:admin -H "X-Requested-By: ambari" -d '{"RequestInfo":{"context":"Starting Flume agent","flume_handler":"agent","operation_level": {"level":"HOST_COMPONENT","cluster_name":"Cluster","service_name":"FLUME","host_name":"${hostname_of_new_flume_agent}"}},"Body":{"HostRoles":{"state":"STARTED"}}}' -X PUT "http://${AMBARI_HOST}:8080/api/v1/clusters/${CLUSTER_NAME}/hosts/${hostname_of_new_flume_agent}/host_components/FLUME_HANDLER"

Please replace the values present inside the ${} according to your environment.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

@Jay SenSharma

I try it and it works fine.

It should be:

curl -u ${ambari_user_name}:${ambari_user_pass} -H "X-Requested-By: ambari"-d '{"RequestInfo":{"context":"Starting Flume agent","flume_handler":"agent","operation_level": {"level":"HOST_COMPONENT","cluster_name":"${CLUSTER_NAME}","service_name":"FLUME","host_name":"${hostname_of_new_flume_agent}"}},"Body":{"HostRoles":{"state":"STARTED"}}}'-X PUT "http://${AMBARI_HOST}:8080/api/v1/clusters/${CLUSTER_NAME}/hosts/${hostname_of_new_flume_agent}/host_components/FLUME_HANDLER"

And now if I want do add a new agent ,I must change the configure on the ambari web ui ,then call the ambari server api above.

Why not make it more easy??

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here